xs 1100 manual needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xs 1100 manual needed

If any one has a manual or oarts list they do not need i would appreciatte it if you could send it to me. I just picked up a 78 xs 1100 in bushael baskets and need all the help I can get
    Thanks
    yes
    60.00%
    no
    33.33%
    next year
    6.67%
    never
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

tom macarthur
    989 906 0443
    photos click below
    http://www.myspace.com/yadzilla

Tom,
    Manuals can still be had new, but not the "factory" one. Yamaha also has a nice parts list online. Go to http://www.yamaha-motor.com/ , and click on "sport", then the "parts and service" tab. That will get you to the factory parts book, online.
    You may also want to look at the "Tech Tips" on the left side of this page. There is years of great information there.
    Welcome to the site!!
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

As a former military man, I say we shouldn't be there at all, if you ask me. This is that AHOLE bush's little way of saying "I got him Daddy!" How come his kids or the members of the Senate and Congress haven't signed their kids up for active duty? He doesn't have a problem sending our kids off to die for his dirty little 'skirmish'. But, we are there, and we can't just pull out now, and leave the place a total mess. We must wait until the Iraqis have their s#it together enough to run the place on their own. I had better stop now, or I'll never shut up on this subject. And what about his buddy delay? Does he think that by resigning, that the heat will be off? If he is found guilty, I hope they hang the bastard, or at least put his ass in the same cell as his buddy Abramoff. They make such a cute couple. How much you wanna bet that bush will pardon him when he finally leaves office?
      I hope I'm not pi$$ing off my Houston buddies, but that is how I feel about it.

Comment

John, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
        dp
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

WOW! Such Raw Emotion!!!
          DEW
          One Red "Creation 1"
          One Black"Creation 2"
          One Black"Creation 3"
          One ???? "Creation 4"
          One ???? "Creation 5"
          One ???? "Parts Bike"
          All the above 1100 Specials
          78 Standard (Ruf Ruf)
          1980 Midnight Special
          1978 650 SE

Comment

Rat, thanks for the reply. I will check it out

TOM
            tom macarthur
            989 906 0443
            photos click below

Comment

You can also order XS11/XJ11 CD-ROM that has the manual.

LP
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Thanks Strom, I have already ordered the cd. It will be hard to tajke my computer to the garage. LOL

Tom
                tom macarthur
                989 906 0443
                photos click below

Comment

Don't worry... you can print out the manual... or just the sections you will be working on.
                  If not, notebooks come in handy...

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Originally posted by John
                    As a former military man, I say we shouldn't be there at all, if you ask me.
                    How'd this poll get inserted into a thread about obtaining a manual anyway?

Since the subject has been raised, here's my 2 cents: I don't think we should have gone into Iraq, at least not without a whole lot more planning, troops and justification. Now that we are there we're sort of stuck with it, the "Q" word comes to mind. I also have a gripe with the cutting of veterans' benefits. How can the government ask us to "support the troops" if it won't? Just one veteran's opinion here.

The architects of this war, tough guys Karl Rove and Dick "I had other priorities" Cheney have no military experience, in fact, of the people making policy, none have served even one day in the military with the exception of Donald "war isn't tidy" Rumsfeld and George "mission accomplished" Bush. Actually, I'm not even sure that Secretary Rumsfeld makes policy but he does carry it out. Of all the chicken hawks in Washington, none (correct me if I'm wrong) have any family members in the military. No wonder they aren't appealing for young people to enlist in this "noble cause", it might call attention to the fact that their sons and daughters aren't serving. Politicians seem to like to send other folks children off to war. It's been that way for many centuries.

I would like to see better airline, port and border security.
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

iraq

Mike, thanks for the response.
                      The poll got there because I am anewbie and do not know any better.

As to the war, I have conflicting sentiments since I am a viet vet and felt proud to serve my country. I can not help but feel that the young people we have today feel the same. I know trhat politicians and big business control our country and the wars we fight, but if we all stood up and spoke with our votes we may be able to make a difference. There are to many citizens worried about just themselves to stop the big wigs from controling all of us. We have to vote to win

I also would lioke to see stricter border controls, and laws about giving illegal aliens any type of assistance. whether it be medical, monetary or educational. They are a burden on the working class of America. I would like to see them all made citizens if they pay all back taxes, speak only english and not fly their countries flag. No more Mexican-American, Polish-America, Italian-American, Afro-Amaerican. JUST PLAIN AMERICAN

Tom
                      Saginaw Mi
                      tom macarthur
                      989 906 0443
                      photos click below

Comment

JUST PLAIN AMERICAN

When you cross the boarder w/mexico they will ask your nationality. They do not except "American".

The Mexicans, Canadians, and all the way to the tip of South America are filled w/Americans.

As for the "Illegals" here, just enforce the laws we have and stop public assistance. Can't see any way to keep people out "in mass"? w/o a fence and military.

mro

Comment

Re: iraq

Originally posted by tommacarthur
                          Mike, thanks for the response.
                          The poll got there because I am anewbie and do not know any better.

As to the war, I have conflicting sentiments since I am a viet vet and felt proud to serve my country...

...No more Mexican-American, Polish-America, Italian-American, Afro-Amaerican. JUST PLAIN AMERICAN

Tom
                          You should be proud to have served your country. The military ideal is above politics. It is the politicians (on both sides) who make wars whether necessary or not.

I feel the same way as you do about hyphenated Americans. The largest single ethnic group in the USA is German. After that is English. You don't hear them calling themselves German-Americans or English-Americans. People should be proud of their roots but when it comes to this country we are all Americans.
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Re: JUST PLAIN AMERICAN

Originally posted by mro
                            The Mexicans, Canadians, and all the way to the tip of South America are filled w/Americans.

mro
                            But the United States of America is the only country with America in it's name. Mexico is Estados Unidos de Mexico. United States of Mexico. The rest may be Americans but only we are American citizens.
                            Shiny side up,
                            650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X