Switch gear lables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch gear lables

Have you guys seen these on ebay yet? Auction number 4618797866. I have been in touch with the seller, and he would be willing to have a batch of these made up if there is enough interest. There are even labels to go around the ignition switch, and a ckoke label for the XJ's.
    What would y'all be willing to pay for a sheet of these labels? I'd willing to pay up to $15 or so for them. They would really spiff up the switch gear, especially after repainting them.
    Yes
    80.65%
    No
    19.35%
    Last edited by John; 03-05-2006, 09:24 PM.

I would definitely take a set. I just took a look and almost all of mine are unreadable. I don't even have one around the ignition switch. Should I?
    1980 XS 1100 Standard
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    1982 XJ 1100
    1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

Funny you should mention this. I was looking at what was left of my switch gear lables and was trying to figure out how to make new ones. New lables would sure spiff things up.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

This kind of stuff is right up my alley!. I'd go $15 for 'em.

Comment

i would be interested in a set of them since i am repainting the bike right now
          79 yamaha xs1100f standard
          best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Even a Pretty Pig is still a Pig!

Hey John,

Sorry to be the 1 dissenting vote so far, but even with my upcoming makeover,paint job, it's still a "RAT", and I know what the controls are for and do. I'm thinking of painting over the control sets all black, sorta stealth, and perhaps might keep it a little safer, if some jerk tries to steal it, but can't figure out what the controls are for!?
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

You dirty rat!!

ditto TC,

but not to worried about someone absconding with the 80G.
              (but they might just for the windshield )

Think out to put on an alarm???

mro

Comment

Only 13 0f you...

Want new lables for the switches? Wow, y'all must have some good looking switches. To those of you that are interested, I'll be in touch with the seller in a couple of days, when the ebay auction is over. I'll see how much the cost will be on lots of 20 or so. I might be able to get some interest on the triples site. The more we want, the less expensive they may be.

Comment

Someone on the XS650 list made up a bunch of switch labels a while back and offered them to listers at very reasonable cost. The XS650 Specials use the same controls and labels as the XS11. I'll have to search through the back posts when I get a chance and see if I can find out who that is. $15 seems reasonable to me though if they can be had for that.

All of my bikes' handlebar controls are still very readable but the iggy switch on my XS650H and XS1100SF are not. I've got an aftermarket iggy switch with a barrel type security key that's in new condition complete with label exactly like stock that I'm going to install on my 11 when I get around to it. I think it's an EMGO brand. Used to see these for sale all the time but I haven't seen them in awhile, just the regular key type.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                  XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

There were a bunch of sets on ebay.de a while back. Listed for XS11. As well as new original rubber thingies around clutch and brake levers, and some other hard-to-get-stuff. Check it out from time to time, I think the seller ships worldwide.

LP
                    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

The auction is over

I won the labels. I will be in touch with the seller, and order a batch of the labels. So far the count is 13 interested. Any more of you interested? Do you 13 still want them? I don't want to get stuck with a bunch that someone has changed their mind on. I will place the final order on Monday. The offer ends then.

Comment

I'm one of the aforementioned 13. I'd take 2 sets (when/if available)
                        Pat Kelly
                        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Sign me up, will pay in advance. If ya come to the rally, I could pay in person
                          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Sorry Webb

But any long rides are out. SWMBO and I went for a ride yesterday, to see how well I could hold up for any kind of distance. We didn't stop until 74 miles when we found a gas station out in the middle of nowhere, and decided to fill up. I was very uncomfortable. On the good side, 1.96 gallons for 74 miles. 15 of which were freeway speed, the rest, just putting along 35-50 mph. Around 35 mpg, I'll take that kind of milage anyday. SWMBO got over 40mpg on FJ11. Figures Her bike is faster AND gets better milage.
                            On the subject of the decals...I won the auction, and I have asked the seller to get me a price on 15-20 sheets. We won't know until Monday or Tuesday, plus I posted them for sale in the XS Triples forum, so I'll keep the offer open for a few more days. I hope everyone has a great time on the rally. Be safe, be careful. Have fun. Wish I could be there.

Comment

Want a set

John put me down for a set

Thanks

Dave
                              wingnut
                              81 SH (Daily Ride)
                              81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
                              81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
                              82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
                              81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X