XS not fast enough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS not fast enough!!

I don't think I will be racing a Hayabusa any time soon... watch this idiot!! (Kinda wish it was me!!) lol.

Fast Hayabusa ]Fast Hayabusa[/URL]

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Well... that didn't work worth a &*$$

Sorry... try this
    Fast Hayabusa

If that doesn't work... just copy and paste this..

http://www.wimp.com/hayabusa/

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100

Comment

Bad link...try again. Hell if I can't keep up with SWMBO's FJ11, then we don't stand a chance agains a 'Busa

Comment

Don't ya just HATE it when you can't get the front wheel back down until you hit 140?? LOL..

Tod

Current bikes:
        '06 Suzuki DR650
        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
        '81 XS1100 Special
        '81 YZ250
        '80 XS850 Special
        '80 XR100

Comment

Second link worked for me. Geeeeeez, that guy is movin!. He's in a wheelie until 140 or so!! I don't think I have the cajones to even come close. 220 by the end. Man. Thats just crazy fast.

He had a huge amout of straightaway there to run on. He was at 220 for over 20 seconds. Can only imagine how far he went. His little trip meter only said a mile. I dont think it could keep up
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

pretty good video. Plain bananas though....

I think that guy had to be doing 235 or 240, judging by his tach in the last gear.

50-140 on one wheel is pretty crazy too.
            Yamaniac
            '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
            '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
            '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
            '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
            '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

Well, look at the speedo, and it's KPH, not MPH. His 140 K wheelie is only about 90, and top speed is a little over 140.
              I also noticed the white lines didn't blur, and went by slow for the speed.
              Just my $0.02 from someone who's been fast, and on the rear wheel at times.
              ( in the young dumb day's)
              Ray
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Actually, if you look closer, you can see the KPH markings on the inside ring of the speedo. If I remember right it goes up to 360 kph. I thought that too when I first saw it.
                80 XS1100SG
                81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

it looked like the kph was on the inner ring and mph on the outer ring of the speedo

But I do agree that the landscape sure didn't look like 200+

It looked like the tripmeter changed to159 right at the end of the video.

The time of video vs distance seems about right to me after some quick figuring.
                  Yamaniac
                  '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
                  '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
                  '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
                  '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
                  '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

If the speedo is connected to the front wheel then how does it show acceration fron 50 to 140? With the front wheel in the air the speedo should slow I would think.
                    Also, what is the redline on the 'busa? Look at the tach. 9,000 RPM redline?
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Poking around on the net it seems the busa's factory speedo runs a little high and is electronic, not gear driven. It's signal comes from the trans, not the front wheel.

Supposed to redline at 11 though.
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Comment

Someone posted this vid on the XS650 list a few months back. Somebody there recognized the highway as being in Florida, don't remember the number though. Supposed to be a lot of crazies going really fast on that stretch of road.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

If you want to see a crazy man on a bike google "ghostrider"

That guy is just plain nuts. Amazed he's still alive. He plows through Europe on a 500+ HP crotch rocket.

Here's a link to some of his older clips. He's got way more now.
                          80 XS1100SG
                          81 XS400SH

Comment

good video and well guys i am looking at getting a busa this year but i am still going to have the xs1100 but the busa has been my dream bike for a long time and now that they make a white one i am going to get one
                            79 yamaha xs1100f standard
                            best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

stock

i've personally seen a stock bussa do the 1/4 mile in under 9 sec. at about165mph and change.and thats pulling 3 seperate wheelies and gettin all kinds of squirlly. Can't wait to get mine either
                              1982 XJ 1100
                              going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                              now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
                              X