Hi, Does anyone have any guess...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, Does anyone have any guess...

How many 1978 XS1100's were manufactured...

Thanks..
    I've had over 25 bikes in my life. Nothing compares to my 1978 XS1100E......

That's kinda like 'How many months have 28 days?'
    All of them.

Comment

Actually, I don't see why this isn't a good question. I'm wondering how many '79 SFs were manufactured...even specifically how many black/gold specials.
      Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

The black and gold Midnights were 1980 and 1981. They are LGs and LHs
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58
          The black and gold Midnights were 1980 and 1981. They are LGs and LHs
          I wasn't referring to midnights, just regular specials.

identification thread

I just purchased a bike that was advertised as a 1979 special and it is black/gold and it's serial number is 3H3 (see above link for identification as a XS1100SF) 010116.
          Last edited by gaines; 01-13-2007, 07:42 PM.
          Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Ohhhhh, black with gold fleck paint, not black with gold trim...I'm with ya, a little slow sometimes
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

Working...
            X