got another xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got another xs

just thought i would come and tell you about my new bike,,well its a xs 1100 martini never seen a cleaner xs that has not been rebiult in any way,has only done 12000 miles from new,it was first bought from a bike shop in birmingham (england ) called Hailwood and Gould yes the very mike hailwood,when they came out it was to celebrate the return of mike hailwood to racing.there was only 500 made of which 25 i think came to the uk.i have with this bike a certificate to the first owner for a invitation to bring the bike over to the isle of man from the directors of martini and rossi ltd and mitsu machinery sales (uk) ltd, any way i will put some photos of the bike in the next day or two,i can say its the beat £3,500 i have ever spent on a bike

Congrats on your new purchase!! 'Sounds like you sure have one
    heck of a collector's item. 'Bet she sure looks sweet.
    It being winter AND if she were mine; she'd be looking pretty sitting in the living room!
    Ride Safe,
    Greg
    '80 XS1100-G "Christine"
    '87 GL1200-I "The Queen"
    '93 KLX650-C1 "Back Roads Beast"

Comment

well here are some photo`s of my new baby http://images.picpile.com/uploads/tn731603921.jpg[/IMG]
      Last edited by scoobes; 02-07-2006, 10:40 AM.

Comment

verrry cool

OEM faring?
        is that "red/white/blue" on a limey bike?

mro

Comment

MRO,

They love their RWB as much as we do. All the Brits on Diego Garcia had Union Jack Shorts and Tees. Don't ask about the UJ Speedos.
          Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
          78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
          02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Wow. Nice.
            79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
            07 V-star 1100
            Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

sorry about the photo`s just have not got the hang of that part yet........

Comment

Didn't we have the red, white and blue first?

Ducks and runs for cover
                Triking - it's a way of life!

www.trikenest.co.uk

Comment

mro,

Knock...knock..

HELLO?

The Union Jack is R-W-B, we took the colors from them! I do believe the UK has us on this one.

Comment

well, we can still rag on the French, they made their Red White and Blue banner after ours.
                    Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

Something we still share then, ragging on the French!
                      Triking - it's a way of life!

www.trikenest.co.uk

Comment

It's their own fault, they give us so much ammunition!
                        Papa Gino

78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"

Comment

We all got RWB in our flags... We have WBR, but who cares.
                          Awesome bike! I'd put it in a living room or make an offer to yamaha... who knows... you may alredy be rich! Juse PLEASE keep it stock!

LP
                          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Very nice bike! I love the look of that two peice upper fairing. That shifter linkage looks intersting, too. Seen something like that on a few crotch rockets to reverse the shifting pattern, but not on one of these. Looking at it, it dosen't appear to reverse the pattern the way it's connected. Does it?

Looks like you made the right choice. I remember you saying you were looking at a different bike, too. It looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I'm with them, it needs to be kept someplace close. Like right next to the sofa. Good place to put the remote, anyway
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

the old red and white flag

Congrats on your wonderful find scoobes, sure is nice! Too bad Yamaha never sold anything like that here.

I like the old Navy Jack that John Paul Jones flew on his ships during the Revolutionary War, just red and white horizontal stripes with a coiled rattlesnake and the legend "Don't tread on me!"

mro'll like this:

Just saw a piece about Jones on TV. He was originally from Scotland and was commander of a ship in the British Navy under his given name of John Paul. He was disciplined when one of his men died from a flogging he had ordered. When another man died from punishment under his command he was disciplined even more severely. When it happened a third time he reckoned he was in real trouble so he fled to the New World and added Jones to his name.

He was commisioned in the Continental Navy and set out for British waters to attack his former comrades. His ship, the Bonne Homme Richard attacked the HMS Serapis but his 3 largest guns exploded as the opening shots were fired. He kept on fighting and with the ships lashed together the opposing captains shouted back and forth over the din demanding other give up. At one point the Serapis lost a mast. Eventually the British captain decided that his opponent was mad and would never surrender and ordered the colors struck. None of his men would brave the fierce fire to lower the flag so he had to personally lower the ensign. Half of both crews (some 300 men) were killed in the battle. The Bonne Homme Richard ("Bonnie Dick") sank 2 days later and Jones sailed off in his new ship the Serapis.

Whatever happened to British Racing Green bikes? Old timers consider green bikes to be bad luck here in the states.
                              Shiny side up,
                              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X