New Bike Photos 79 XS1100SF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bike Photos 79 XS1100SF

Started out looking for a parts bike and ended up with a real beauty. For once I finally got something complete with a shine.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...385&mode=guest
    Gene D.

79 XS1100SF (50K)Restoration Project
    79 XS1100SF My Cruiser(Money Pit)

Great looking bike. How much did it cost to have all those parts chromed?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

New Bike

Originally posted by 81xsproject
      Great looking bike. How much did it cost to have all those parts chromed?
      I bought the bike as is last Saturday, the 21st in Napa, CA. I paid $2050 down from sellers original $2400 asking price. New seat, tires, and (2)fairings.

Seller had five assorted bikes and wanted more room in the garage. He threw in alot of goodies also.......

Gene Dale........
      Gene D.

Comment

Geez nice ride!! That's a lot of chrome. Where the heck can you take photos in January like that???? I had 4 degrees F this morning.

All that's missing is a fork brace...
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Bling, Bling, Lookin good!
          If she runs as good as she looks...sounds like a deal!
          JimBoReeno
          My Ex!"Half-Breed"
          '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
          '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
          2000 Indian Chief
          Millennium Edition

Comment

New Bike Photos 79 SX1100SF

Originally posted by MartyA
            Geez nice ride!! That's a lot of chrome. Where the heck can you take photos in January like that???? I had 4 degrees F this morning.

All that's missing is a fork brace...
            I was dodging rain clouds in 60 degree weather here in Fremont, CA. Yes! a fork brace is on top of my wish list. Wait a minute my Piggy Bank is empty.

Gene Dale
            Gene D.

Comment

Wow, what a nice bike! Well worth the price, if you ask me!

Someday, mine will look so nice
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Great bike

Nice find and welcome to the site Wate untill you find out how great of bike they realy are the black has 177.000 miles on it and never let me down

XSively
                Bruce
                Bruce Gerken
                '79 XS1100SF
                "The Black"
                '2009 BMW k1300GT'
                The Red Sled.
                St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Congratulations!

Really nice, lotsa shine. I notice it's got my all time favorite Oury Road Grips. Sure wish my SF looked that good. How many miles? Don't suppose it matters, looks like it's been gone through pretty thoroughly. What're those tires?
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                  XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Re: Congratulations!

Originally posted by xs650mike
                    Really nice, lotsa shine. I notice it's got my all time favorite Oury Road Grips. Sure wish my SF looked that good. How many miles? Don't suppose it matters, looks like it's been gone through pretty thoroughly. What're those tires?
                    You passed the vision test they are indeed Oury Road Grips. Presently 9.5K miles on the meter. I'll never know what may have been on the speedometer before Merriam Custom Cycles did their magic. The tires are Barracudas seller bought from a Yamaha dealer in Napa, CA. In fact he had service records of all work done there(Valve job)etc. I really feel previledged now that I have a bike with a Choke lever/handle still intact. But, I dare not touch it.

Gene Dale
                    Gene D.

Comment

Re: Great bike

Originally posted by gerkenbruce
                      Nice find and welcome to the site Wate untill you find out how great of bike they realy are the black has 177.000 miles on it and never let me down

XSively
                      Bruce
                      ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM Amazing 177K
                      Gene D.

Comment

Re: Re: Congratulations!

Originally posted by simplyd1

You passed the vision test they are indeed Oury Road Grips. Presently 9.5K miles on the meter. I'll never know what may have been on the speedometer before Merriam Custom Cycles did their magic. The tires are Barracudas seller bought from a Yamaha dealer in Napa, CA. In fact he had service records of all work done there(Valve job)etc. I really feel previledged now that I have a bike with a Choke lever/handle still intact. But, I dare not touch it.

Gene Dale
                        I discovered Barracudas awhile back and I like them a lot, stick like glue and are good in the wet too. I currently have one on the front of my 11. Mine has intact choke lever too. I don't use the lever end since I found out on this forum that they break, I just reach down and close the choke with my thumb at the base of the lever. In another 200 miles I'll have 60k on the clock, running strong. I installed a kick lever from an XS750 and I usually kick start if anyone's watching, gets a lot of comment. My bike would look good if it wasn't for a lot of rusty chrome. PO parked it hot under a cover in the salt air of Sausalito which is the best way to insure a lot of condensation and rust. Better to leave it uncovered but waxed as I used to do with my bikes in San Fran, never had a problem with rust. Now I have a garage.

You are indeed fortunate to have your "shining example" of an XS11! How'd you find it, were you looking for an XS11?

It would be nice to get a gathering of Bay Area XSives together, there seems to be a few. mro is really close to you in Hayward, I'm only 100 miles north and offhand I can think of another in Daly City.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Hi simplyd1

very nice!!!
                          Welcome to XSive land

looks like your just down the road from me.
                          Off Mowry/Mission???, near Niles??

I'm in Fairway

my 80G looks that good (from about 6 blocks away )

mro

Comment

Originally posted by mro
                            Hi simplyd1

very nice!!!
                            Welcome to XSive land

looks like your just down the road from me.
                            Off Mowry/Mission???, near Niles??

I'm in Fairway

my 80G looks that good (from about 6 blocks away )

mro
                            I'm only a hop, skip, and a jump away. I live in North Fremont off Fremont Blvd and Nicolet. I'm looking forward to meeting with everyone and join in on the next ride. I'm home everyday retired military with lots of time.
                            Gene D.

Comment

Close By

Corner of Nicolet and Fremont Blvd is 5 miles from my house. (12/15 minute ride, maybe 20 min. from my shop)

I'd like to check out an XS in such great shape.
                              Should be able to leave work a little early one day next week if you'd like to get together.

mro

Comment

Working...
                              X