std front fender needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• std front fender needed

hi folks,,,I tried to use classifieds but didn't work i have a 79 std 11 looking for a good front fender ..mine is not dented but the chrome on the back half is pitted and starting to rust...i would rather not replace with fibreglass or plastic unless there is no other way...does anyone know if it's possible to have one re-chromed..i would think it is to thin to do this since they have to sand them...i'll pay whatever is fair if someone has a real nice one.or any ideas on what to do would be appreciated thanks stevo

Get it sand blasted, and have it powder coated. It will look good, and last a long time.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

GOT IT

PM me your mailing address I have a nice one .

XSively
      Bruce
      Bruce Gerken
      '79 XS1100SF
      "The Black"
      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
      The Red Sled.
      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Bruce .i tried emailing you yesterday about the fender...i could really use that fender on my bike....i'll be glad to pay a fair price...or....does anyone else know where i might aquire a nice one...this site (xs11.com) has really been helpful in getting good info on repairs..&parts & pieces...i really wish want ads worked....then we all could know who needs what...and who has what part...i can't find crap for my bike locally...i tried buying a couple things from bike barn ...they were allright ..but not exactly as described and i could never get them to send me picture(email) of anything...nothing but good experience with andreas weiss if he says it's nice ...it's nice.. just to ramble i keep seeing on this site these bikes are only worth a few bucks. 1 to 2 grand...in the atlanta area, a japanese anybike 350 to 750 is bringing over a grand...and the 70's to early 80's jap 1000cc and up bikes are more like 2000 to 3500.. i just hope we aren't unintentialy holding prices down because everyone on this site has one or more xs's so we think they are common ..they aren't in this area....not bitching just observing.....thanks to this site for all it's help...i'll probably ride awhile this afternoon it's supposed to be in the 50's ...... thanks stevo

Comment

HI stevo
          Just pm me or email me your Address . I will ship It to you then you can send me the money for shippnig I have to many parts front fenders And other std pants I just need to make some room I would rather see the parts in use.
          Oct 15 & 16 there is a rally called VJMR in Suchas G.A. AT Twos It it mostly XSive. I know there will be a lot of us there.

XSivly
          Bruce
          Bruce Gerken
          '79 XS1100SF
          "The Black"
          '2009 BMW k1300GT'
          The Red Sled.
          St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
          X