Graphics Design...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Design...

Any of you folks know of a place I could send a copy of my avitar to get a decal made. Anything much bigger than 2x2 on the image gets blurry, and I would very much like the decal to put on my truck bumper and helmet ... oh, and maybe a custom patch to sew on my jacket.

Y'all know anyone who may be able to help me???
    ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
    '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

I tried blowing it up in Photoshop. No dice.

You really need to find a larger image. Do you not have the original you uploaded for the avatar, or is it that small too?

There are a TON of places that will turn a .jpg into a sticker, but the prices are kinda steep, and many require runs of several hundred just to get started. Your best bet is probably inkjet sticker paper to make it cheap enough.
    80 XS1100SG
    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I'll talk to a lady friend who is a graphics designer here in Sioux Falls.
      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
      1-big XS patch
      1-small XS/XJ patch
      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JWSanders
        You really need to find a larger image. Do you not have the original you uploaded for the avatar, or is it that small too?
        I do have the original image I uploaded to be my avitar, but it's only slightly bigger at 130 x 107 pixels. Would that help?
        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

I've been talking to a person at a kiosk at the mall that can make bumper stickers from any image. They want $10 to set-up then $5-10 per item. I'm looking into replacein the sidecover emblems (hard to clean and one is broken) with decals.
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I have had some stuff done at a Kinkos. I had a banner and jersey transfers made of my Adventure Racing team logo (my avitar) and is looked pretty good. The origional resolution was higher than what you are talking about but if you take them the scan on a disk they can tell you how well it would blow up.. They will put it on most things too.
            JimBoReeno
            My Ex!"Half-Breed"
            '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
            '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
            2000 Indian Chief
            Millennium Edition

Comment

Can you post the larger version that you have?
              I have a friend who enlarged something similar and showed me how he did it in photoshop, I will give it a go....
              1979 xs1100sf
              1972 cb500 four

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Rat78

I do have the original image I uploaded to be my avitar, but it's only slightly bigger at 130 x 107 pixels. Would that help?
                That will help some, but it may be difficult to size it up too much further without touching it up in some form. How big are you wanting to make it?

Is it a scan of something? If so, you can scan it again at a really high pix/in scan rate and blowing it up will be a lot easier.
                80 XS1100SG
                81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

Don't know if it'll help any or not, but usually if you can make a .pdf out of it, its a lot easier to blow it up without distorting the image.

Comment

Largest Picture I have...

~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                    '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

As you can see, even this one is a little choppy. I may have to have it professionally redrawn which I really don't want to do.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see.
                      ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                      '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Sizing...

Originally posted by JWSanders
                        How big are you wanting to make it?

Is it a scan of something? If so, you can scan it again at a really high pix/in scan rate and blowing it up will be a lot easier.
                        I'd like to have it about 3x3 at the smallest, and maybe 5x5 at the largest ... if at all possible.
                        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Some ideas......

you probably want more detail than these, but I'm trying....

1979 xs1100sf
                          1972 cb500 four

Comment

Since it isnt a perfect square, the measurements are a bit off in order to keep it from distorting it. This is a resize/resample in PS with a sharpen filter after resizing. Then I went around the outside edge to remove some pixellation.

Original:

3X2:

4X3:

5x4:

With a little more time, and a decent image editor, it could be cleaned up even further. Theres a lot you could do just using a 1 px brush size and going around all the hard edges to remove the pixellation. I'll try to work on one a little more when I get more time. I'm sure it could be neated up quite a bit more without having to go to a real pro and fork out cash.

Aw, I got beat to the punch. I tried some other filters as well, but wasnt sure how much you were wanting to change it from the original.
                            80 XS1100SG
                            81 XS400SH

Comment

This is after a little more touch up work:
                              3X2

4X3

5X4

Gave 6X5 a try, too:

I think it looks better smaller now. Shows more detail than it used to
                              80 XS1100SG
                              81 XS400SH

Comment

Working...
                              X