XS1100 fuel separator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 fuel separator

i' ve been playing online and haven't had any luck finding an oil/fuel separator for my 81xs1100......its obviously discontinued from yamaha.
    I would appreciate if anyone might know of some websites that I would be able to find this on. starting to become a real pain!!!!
    i'd be happy with salvage,used ,aftermarket..... i'm not too picky right now!!

thanks guys!!!
    81 xs1100sh......."the black-*itch"

NOT ALL MEN ARE ANNOYING.......
    SOME ARE DEAD

Not quite sure what you're after.... the fuel octopus for special or... what?

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

the yamaha parts site calls it an oil separator.....has 4 tubes coming off and curves down into i guess what would be the carb boots???
      looks like it mounts on the back of the air cleaner......

SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

The part you are talking about is inside the airbox. The large hose from the crankcase attaches to the other end of the oil separator. Is there a large nipple on the front side of your airbox, between the #2 & 3 carb boots? Is there a large hose (1/2 inch ID) attached to it? If so is the other end attached to the large vent port on the top rear of the engine? You may need to buy a whole used airbox from ebay to get this item. I have one if you should need it.

Comment

i appreciate the offer and might have to go there.
          but maybe i should explain whats going on....sunday was out riding and she died,had gas pouring out of the bottom of the air box....this happened one other time a couple years ago....took the filter casing off dumped the gas out,got her restarted and made it home but she wasn't happy....ran fine at high rpms but when going to idle she kept trying to die.....

anyway,when i got home i was looking around and noticed that one of those 4 tubes was missing and it was in front of the #2 carb...which was the one spitting out the mess......so basically,i know the carbs need cleaning anyway,but curious if this missing tube was causing this immediate problem.....

SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

Raider,

That tube could not have caused the leaking carb. Most likely, you have a dirty/sticky float valve in #2, or worst case, a sinking float in #2. In either case, it's time to pull the carbs.

PS, that tube feeds the crancase gasses (an oily mist) back into the carb throats to be burned. Without the #2 tube, you may get a slight biuld-up of oil in the airbox, but it should be a negligable amount.

Keep us posted on your progress,

PPS, great signature!

Comment

Clean & repair the carbs, that oil/fuel separator is not your problem.
              There's always a way, figure it out.
              78XS11E

Comment

thanks guys.,
                i was going with alittle bit of wishful thinking,but it never hurts too try....

guess i'll have my fun with the carbs now.....lol

at least all the imformation i need is readily available on the site!!

i'll keep you posted.....

pps randy., thanks!!!

SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

Working...
                X