Ultrasonic cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrasonic cleaning

I have heard nothing but how great the ultrasonic carb cleaning is and wanted to get it done. I called all around town and none of the MC or cage shops do it. Anyother suggestions on what other services might do it?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

IIRC, most jewellers have ultrasonic cleaning equipment. You might have some luck there if you can talk to one of the old guys in the back rather than the person at the counter...
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Harbor Frieght has two or three models for under a $100.00

Comment

Fuel injection pump shop

Most shops that repair diesel engine fuel injection units and injectors have one. They might be more willing to let you put a nasty looking carb in the tank than a jewler might be
        wingnut
        81 SH (Daily Ride)
        81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
        81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
        82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
        81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

They might be more willing to let you put a nasty looking carb in the tank than a jewler might be
          Jewelers, Bah! Nothing says "I Love You" and quickens a woman's heart more than a sparkling set of XS carbs. Make this moment last forever!
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

thanXS Prom, I needed that laugh. I am sooooooooo pissed. I just pored gas all over my recently touched up case. I had the case looking better than ever repairing the damage of old from leaving the petcocks on back before I replaced my float valves. Now it is all $h!t again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO MORE! I am going to plug that stupid Prime port w/ JB Weld and never deal with this again!!!
            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

alot of machine shop may have an ultrasonic cleaner also
              and yes they work great
              all i did was pull the floats and pull the diaphrams
              and put them in
              the tank was small
              so i had to do 1 at a time
              most places wont let you do it
              because it dirtys thier solution
              I waited till the solution was already dirty and ready to be changed, worked great
              http://home.securespeed.us/~xswilly/
              78E main ride, since birth the "good"
              78E Parts, the "bad" fixing up now
              78E Parts the "ugly" maybe next year
              79F Parts
              80G Parts
              75 DT 400B enduro

Comment

www.motorcyclecarbs.com does ultrasonic cleaning.
                I hear Rob Reil (owner and various XS website member) is expensive but does a fantastic job. He repairs broken float posts and refinishes the Midnight Special carbs in a beautiful balck coating.
                I hear he is very meticulous and will do it right. And again, I hear he's expensive.
                I've never used his services but if I could afford it I just might.
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

When a friend of mine had his welding and machine shop, he did work for a transmission shop that had a ultrasonic cleaner. He said it was the best way to clean any mechanical part. Would like to see what it does to a set of carbs.

Big Pat

Comment

Working...
                  X