Bad ebay seller to avoid; "rit-89"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad ebay seller to avoid; "rit-89"

I recently bought a set of carbs for a friends kz off ebay. Check out the auction listing #4593030611 and item description. When I got the item, this is what I got.

In these pics the bows have already been rinsed with carb cleaner, but are still full of crap. Much worse than the pic shows. Both the main and the pilot jets were coated over solid. So, much for "clean bowls."

Then I noticed a huge hole in the roof of the float bowl. I don't know if it will have an effect or not. Whoever did it filled it with what looks like silicon gasket goo. But also not mentioned by the seller. Says "carbs work great." These aren't even close to working order.

Whether the seller's mis-information was intentional or not, i don't know. I also don't care. He falsely advertised his item and I wanted all the good people here to be informed.

JEss
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

He has alot of positive feedback. So request a refund, or if you want to keep them epoxy and grind that hole smooth and they should work, I definately wouldn't leave it open. If all else fails give him a negative feedback. I have sold carbs on ebay I always take a picture with the float bowls removed. And I have also bought carbs on ebay and if its not already on the listing I request a pic of inside the float bowls.

On a side note 40 bucks isn't bad but its the point of him misrepresenting his item. They will come clean. The easiest stuff is Mac's carb cleaner from napa it comes in a gallon can, just drop them in there and it will take care of the rest. No rubber or plastic or it will disappear. Berrymans from autozone works good too.
    1980 XS850G
    1978 XS750SE>>>>>Sold
    1982 XJ1100 Maxim

Comment

After a nasty dealing with the seller about shipping, I am not going to bother. I think he already feels he got taken for the comparibly cheap price. Thats ebay, deal w/ it! I am contacting ebay to change the positve feedback I left before tearing them down. Besides, i personally feel as though the feedback is too lose. I left a nutral one time for another item that was not as described and the seller sent a nasty retalliation email. What is the point if everyone leaves positive feedbacks when not deserved.
      Last edited by 81xsproject; 12-22-2005, 12:05 PM.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

"Hey... I got a hole in one!"

I don't have any KZ's apart so can't compare, and the photo doesn't show what I need to see... But... where does that hole lead? It could be for the carb bowl vent. Or is the vent that little black dot in the bottom photo? I've never run across anything looking like that. (slotted hole)
        Of course, were I selling carbs on ebay and I had to strip and clean them first, the starting price would go up accordingly.
        $40 t'aint bad, but I'd still post a weasle note.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

No, this is an obvious gouge of some sort, nothing factory made.
          '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Looks like someone slipped with a screwdriver and punched a hole. I usually protect the part by stopping the blade with the palm of my holding hand...
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

From what I can tell, so far, it didn't hit any passages, just exits to the outside world. 2 dishwasher rounds, and a giant can of carb cleaner later, they don't look too shabby. Taking them w/ me over the hills for the holiday to give them some compressed air at my dad's place.
              '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

condition of parts

Hi Rocketto,
                never ascribe to malice anything that can be explained by incompetence.
                Mebbe the seller really thought they were OK.
                By your own admission they'll clean up & function with a little work.
                Then they'll be worth mebbe $200 of anybody's money.
                What the f*** did you expect to get for $40 plus shipping?
                Fred Hill, S'toon.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The fact that I got them for 40 is just a tribute to the patience and persistance I exercised on ebay. I spent 2 weeks losing auctions until I finally got a set cheap.
                  '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

For $42 plus shipping, they look petty god to me. I have paid a lot more for trash that has been described as clean.

Marc

Comment

Working...
                    X