Rain rain Cloudy!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain rain Cloudy!!

Just got the 80G running night before last.
    Got to run it around for test drive.
    Now it's going to rain until saturday
    A little sun would be fun

You'd think we lived up North or something

mro

I rode today. I'll ride tomorrow. I don't mind the rain, it's fun.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Re: Rain rain Cloudy!!

Originally posted by mro
      Just got the 80G running night before last.
      Got to run it around for test drive.
      Now it's going to rain until saturday
      A little sun would be fun

You'd think we lived up North or something

mro
      Oh whine snivel snivel, we had 3+ inches in the last 24 hours here. Down Diver Ray's way I heard something like 11.5" at Ben Lomand yesterday or day before. Like Pat I ride in the rain too but didn't today because I had a relapse of the respiriratory crud. I do want to try out my new rainsuit soon.
      Shiny side up,
      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I am feel'n' you guys over here on the coast.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

#ell. We're havin sunny days and a heat wave here in South Dakota. Were supposed to be in the high 30's to low 40's. This is about 30 to 40 degrees warmer then it was a couple of weeks ago. To bad I'm on call and can't go anywhere.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Oh, come one guys! You've got to be pulling my leg...

Why?

Well everybody knows --sing with me now--"It never rains in California...."

CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer
            Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
            Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

That's correct, it never rains here!!
              But the liquid sunsine can get heavy at times
              Ray
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Snow in July!

For the edification of those who think it doesn't snow in California here's a pic from pashnit.com taken in mid-July 2005 showing the remaining snowpack on Mt. Lassen.
                Shiny side up,
                650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Think I need paper, tape and ribbon too!
                  ps
                  don't have any card either
                  also not sure just how it should be wrapped
                  Go ahead and yuk it up

Ya, Nor Cal does get wet sometimes, but its only because some dude in Washington or Organ up north forgot to shut the window!

Ya, and it can get cold here too, not often because most of the time them Canadians have good manners and remember to close the door

But then we could have our Indian Summer now if all you guys "back" east can get steamed enough at us west coasties and just blow it our way

NOT GOING TO RAIN SATURDAY!!! (I hope )

need to go for a ride and test out something new. (new for me)

mro

Comment

oops

Don't know how the first 4 lines got there

That was part of an email I sent earlier today

mro

Comment

just need to make a few more mistakes here.
                      above belonged in Rain Rain etc.. thread

Comment

A politically correct holiday greeting

Paper, tape and ribbon...sounds like a plan...Merry Christmas! Or as the politically correct would have it...Happy Ramahanukwanzmas!

A guy in Australia on the XS650 list posted this:

From Us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the summer solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all ... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make Australia great, (not to imply that Australia is necessarily greater than any other country), and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee. By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms, that:

This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.

This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.
                        Shiny side up,
                        650 Mike

Comment

Don'cha hate lawyer speak?

Comment

A politically correct holiday greeting

At first I thought it was written by a California politician.
                            But then noticed he was way to nice to religion and his finger was not in my pocket

mro

Comment

After work I rode to a store to do a bit of Xmas shopping then rode home. Took about an hour and it was pouring rain the whole time.
                              I noticed that more cage driver look at me when it's raining. Probably noticing me and saying "Look at that idiot".

Whatever works
                              Pat Kelly
                              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                              X