No announcement yet.

Valvoline MC oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.. i have added an extra steel clutch plate to my clutch pack and stoped them from slipping also.. heaver clutch springs also help
    .. i measured the new frictions i have received recently and they are no thicker than the ones that are in the bike, both were .120inch.. just an observation

Comment

A change to Valvoline

I changed the oil in my 81H, was using Castrol 20/50 automotive with no problems, WOT or otherwise. After reading some of the input, changed to Vavoline 20/50 automotive New Years Eve, got the first ride in of the year at midnite as it was 50 degrees. Clearly noticed engine quieter and tranny whine was almost nil. Also picked up the oil filters at NAPA, and at $3.93 each my cost, got a couple extra! Beat the heck out of the $7+ at the bike shops! Almost wishin the weather would turn rainy or somethin so I could have an excuse to give the tranny a dremal overhaul. Startin to get tired of skippin' second gear. Anyway, just givin my two cents worth on the oil change over.........definitely a change to the ears, as I most all the time wear a ball cap unless it is 10degrees or cooler.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
      X