Carb Synch Tool EBAY $3.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Synch Tool EBAY $3.00

Motion Pro carb synch tool. Looks like the economy model, which to me means that it doesn't have the nice yellow front piece, but who cares. Ebay item #4597547514, or just type in Motion Pro. (whether it's being shipped with the mercury in it, who knows)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

I got an old mercury stick,some of the liquid looks like it hardend in the tube. I think I could clean that out with some wire. Where would you be able to buy mercury? I think nowadays it would be considered a EPA hazarous material and not available to regular folk?

Comment

Found a site that sold it. 100g for $457.00 about 128.00 oz.

Comment

Nah... that cain't b' right

My Motion Pro carb synch gizmo came with an ounce bottle of the stuff... and the whole thing cost about $44. I just went to the garage to find the bottle... see if I could find the name of who sells it or sells refills.
        Of course, I had put it in a safe place so that it wouldn't get dumped, opened, or stepped on. Now... if I could just remember which safe place that was!
        Hey... email the seller and ask if it comes with the merc.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Prometheus58

I have gauges, was wondering what kind of place would sell mercury. I tried a list of recyclers, but they all sold by the ton. One person had the price above. I would go out and just get a new stick. Mercury probably would be in school supply or lab supply I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Rock
            Where would you be able to buy mercury? I think nowadays it would be considered a EPA hazarous material and not available to regular folk?
            This exactly why I bought the set of 4 vacuum gauges from JC Whitney.. I didn't want the bother of messing with mercury. They might not be as accurate as the mercury gauges, but most of us aren't trying to wring the last available horse from our XS... just to get them running as smoothly and evenly as possible.
            Brian
            1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
            1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
            remembering the same thing!

Comment

Check with Motion Pro (the company that manufactured my 'carb sticks'). I think they sell the small bottles of mercury as a replacement item.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Order Code Product Quantity Price
                917-566-04 Mercury Liquid, Weight 100 g
                Purity: 99.999+%, High Purity: 99.999+% This item is in stock 1Pot $ 457.00 Delete

Delivery and packing are included in the price.
                Prices include delivery but not local taxes

Remove ALL items from shopping cart Total $ 457.00
                Total discount at 5 % $ 22.85

Total before Sales Tax: $ 434.15

Valuable mercury sticks

Comment

Originally posted by xssiveone

This exactly why I bought the set of 4 vacuum gauges from JC Whitney.. I didn't want the bother of messing with mercury. They might not be as accurate as the mercury gauges, but most of us aren't trying to wring the last available horse from our XS... just to get them running as smoothly and evenly as possible.
                  I don't see vac gauges as less accurate than merc levels. MORE accurate if anything. Have the gauges damped precise and the needles flicker with a 2mm movement. Easy to dial in the carbs to perfection with them.

Comment

Working...
                  X