Zen of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen of Life

These were in my Triumph folder from a few years back and I thought some of you would enjoy these

1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Leave me the hell alone.
    2. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
    3. It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.
    4. Sex is like air. It's not important unless you aren't getting any.
    5. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
    6. No one is listening until you make a mistake.
    7. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
    8. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
    9. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
    10. It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.
    11. If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
    12. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
    13. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    14. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.
    15. If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
    16. Don't squat with your spurs on.
    17. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
    18. If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people.
    19. Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.
    20. Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.
    21. Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
    22. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
    23. Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
    24. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    25. Duct tape is like 'the force'. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    26. There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
    27. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your mouth is moving.
    28. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    29. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
    30. We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse

If you have some to add, feel free...BUT keep it clean.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Thou art all wise and all knowing oh Great One! I prostrate myself in front of your avatar O charismatic leader of all XSives!
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

#15 has proved to be true and very well worth the price on many occasions, especially good for getting rid of someone you do not like.

Comment

Rule #15

OTOH there's the story of the guy who loaned a friend ten grand to go prospecting for gemstones in South America.
        The friend said when he struck it rich he'd split the take 50/50.
        Some months later other friends said "Rule 15!"
        "But I just cashed the cheque he sent me."
        "It's all part of the scam, send you a cheque then hit you for another loan."
        "But this cheque was for half a million!" - - -

Fred Hill, S'toon.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Do I get to pick which ones I want?

Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

I always try to live each day as if Aunt Bea were watching.
            "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I always try to live each day as if Aunt Bea were watching.

Hey prometheus578

That's just a little to kinky, (your Aunt?)

mro

Comment

prometheus578

Your quips,quotes,ect... Keep me laughing almost daily.
                I think they call it quick wit. Cheers....

Comment

Hey Wet Rock

Just ment I wouldn't want my Aunt watching me,
                  but Proms Aunt might be fun

Comment

mro

"well golllllly!" (Gomer Pyle)
                    Aunt Bea lives in Mayberry.

Comment

"This from the guy who spend $40 for the first two seasons of "Green Acres" on DVD&qu

Shocking, just shocking. Several years back, the headlines, front page, and most of the paper was dedicated to some dead sports star who played, and raped, and felon'ed his way to the top, and there, in the last section, on the last page, was a small, one paragraph obituary for Francis Bavier, the actress that played Aunt Bea, who's morals and insight shaped a growing generation of young Opies. What a comment on our decaying society... the heroes that it parades in front of us to prance and fawn over.
                      As for Green Acres... This was humor before the "Powers that Be" decided for all of us that it was best defined by indelicate references to sex, and loud, messy bodily functions.

"zample, you say? The farm the Douglas' bought from Mr. Haney appears to be haunted by the image of an ugly, old woman:
                      Mr. Douglas: "Mr. Haney, when you lived here, did you ever see the face of an old hag reflected in the bathroom mirror?"
                      Mr. Haney: "No... but I believe my wife did."

Sorry for the rant.
                      "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Another 13 points:

13. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
                        12. Life is sexually transmitted.
                        11. Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
                        10. Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without
                        an erection make him a sandwich!
                        9. Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person
                        to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
                        8. Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything,
                        but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
                        7. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.
                        6. Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
                        5. All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no
                        attention to criticism.
                        4. Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut saves you thirty cents?
                        3. In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the
                        world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
                        2. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
                        come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the
                        first.
                        AND THE # 1 THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
                        You read about all these Terrorists most of them came here legally, but they hung around on these expired visas, some for as long as 10-15 years. Now, compare that to the video store; you are two days late with a video and those people are all over you. I think we should put the video store in charge of immigration.
                        Gary Granger
                        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
                        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

#7 reminds me of natural food expert Euell Gibbons' obituary which read in part: "...Euell Gibbons died today of natural causes..."
                          Shiny side up,
                          650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                          XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by xs650mike
                            #7 reminds me of natural food expert Euell Gibbons' obituary which read in part: "...Euell Gibbons died today of natural causes..."
                            .. passing a pine cone I believe...
                            Ken Talbot

Comment

Maybe the pine tree he was eating fell on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X