How do you guys DO it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys DO it!

Today, after my Mineralogy test, I took Roketto on a nice ride. I decided to check the plug color after my recent work. I went out to the best place I could find (a decent grade; about a 1.5 miles) and gave it a shot.

I have no clue how you guys are able to check WOT. It lasts me about 5 seconds and then I am up to (IMO) dangerously high speeds. The road is not dead straight, so I have to slow down

After freeing up my froze idle jet, setting them all 3.5 out, and doing a rough visual sync, I have noticed a definate improvement at the low end. It doesn't start really pulling until about 1/2 throttle.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

If you think it's pulling strong now, wait till you get a proper sync and the pilots correctly adjusted!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Just wait until they get a real sync.

Bread ties and such don't work.

My sync. gages from K+L retail for about $300.00. They are neat being in an aluminum case but my Motion Pro mercury sticks will give you excellent results at a fraction of the cost. The amount a sync. screw is turned is so minute that a naked eye or bread wrapper isn't even in the same ballpark.
      "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

I've found that just putting the screwdriver on the adjusting screw(s) changes the settings. I set them to where I want them to be after the screwdriver is removed. Very sensitive.
        Pat Kelly
        <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
        1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
        2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
        1999 Suburban (The Ship)
        1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
        1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

High speed is relative to how long you have owned your 11
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Hmmm... I got my set of carb sync gauges with rigging and stuff for 46 euro or something like that... (US 50-60$). Works great.
            For yurp guys www.louis.de (in German)
            They do send outside EU. Dunno bout shipping/customs costs. A bit high IMHO.

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
            X