pinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinks

i know it aint a yamaha xs1100 but did anybody see the suzuki gs 1100 go up again the harley v rod and the suzuki win. so how much faster was the gs1100 over a xs1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

I'll bet he was hatin life losing a 20,000 dollar bike to a 20 year old rice burner. I am sorry I missed that, it would have been a good laugh.

On a side note though I highly doubt it that the GS was stock, that is one of the prefered drag bike bike engines, and there are lots of goodies to be had for them.
    1980 XS850G
    1978 XS750SE>>>>>Sold
    1982 XJ1100 Maxim

Comment

it looked pretty stock but you never know i mean you can make anything look stock but have a big bore kit and cams and exhaust on it i mean that kind of what i want to do to my xs but keep it stock looking other then the exhaust

Comment

A sleeper huh.

The things I don't like about Pinks is instead of using a fair christmas tree (starting lights) he does the 1950 drop your hand starts. I saw a show where one guy went down 1 race cause he jumped to soon and on the replay clearly he started to drop his hand.

And the other is they never so any numbers Et's and such, well I guess you can't using the 1950's method of starting a race.
        1980 XS850G
        1978 XS750SE>>>>>Sold
        1982 XJ1100 Maxim

Comment

my bros gs 850 is only slighltly a tic slower than my xj. hes doin 13.3's in the 1/4. no mods whatso ever. He will be joining us at the brag and drag this summer.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

cool i am hoping to have the xs1100 runniong a solid 12.75 by the time of brag and drag and i know that wont be the fastest xs1100 out there but it is all in fun

and you got a point i would rather start off a tree start instead of the 1950 start because like you said it can screw you over and as far as time that dont matter the reason they dont show a time is because after the first race you go give lengths and if you know how fast the other racer is that would tell you how many lengths to give up

Comment

I saw that a couple of weeks ago, saw it again the other night. The TV guide says a harley and a Suzuki '100.' I assumed it was an 1100.

Both times I missed the first run. That bald guy sure gets the high drama going "...you agree that race was fair and that he won...do YOU agree the race was fair and you won...you agree that you won the first race and he won the second race..." then go to the stoopid commercials, sheesh.

Could you tell the GS guy's mouth was watering even after the 1st race? He know he had it. Even after the second race the hi-tech bike has a clutch problem?? I need a couple of lengths, I need some time to cool off...

How many bajillions of dollars went into the development of that Harley?

Coulda bolted a water jacket on an XS with a broken coil wire and painted it aluminum.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

the first race is own by the harley guy and hey the host does get it all started but i like when the gs guy says you take the gas cap off and roll a real bike under it

Comment

Would like to have seen that show. Of course as we know Harleys ain't so fast. My friend has a '65 Triumph Bonneville that eats Harleys for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's far from stock but a real sleeper with stock tank (with parcel rack) and seat. Also eats many crotch rockets in the twisties.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
                  XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I've gotta believe that a lot of fast bikes got that way by having fast drivers. A guy who wants to go fast doesn't buy a Harley in the first place. And the thinking that gets some guys to buy a HD also gets them into thinking they're fast ("I've got a bad-ass bike...therefore I'm a bad-ass!") There are some racers on the XS list that can make just about anyone's bike competitive (but I'm not one of them). And the twisties are a whole different enchilada, as being able to go 200 doesn't matter as much as being able to go 70 right now!
                    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

well i just started racing my xs1100 at the strip this summer i am getting pretty good at racing it and i got it to run just as fast as a guy that races a motorcycle every weekend and weights like 100 pounds less then i do so i know these old bikes are making some serious power so maybe one day i might get it to run a 11.75

Comment

Some of those Harleys are extremely fast. They just don't cruise well if they are. They don't last long either.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

i mean it was a vrod which is the fastest in the harley lineup so i mean he had a good bike to put up against it but he just got beat

Comment

I almost bought a V-rod to "flip"- I mentioned it to a good friend/co-worker and he wanted it real bad- the guy selling it was in trouble with the law- something about a white powdery substance- so He got the thing for under 5K !! Only 2 years old, A 2003 (I think?) - anyway, he and I ride together ALOT. I have my V65 Sabre, him on the V-rod. Not a close race- EVER. We can even switch bikes- the V65 eats the V-rod in every gear, in every part of the power band,

I have personally run low 11s in the 65- so I know a V-rod won't run 11s stock!

Comment

my next bike i am looking for is a v65 sabre i guess i am just a standard type of bike person but i would love to have a hayabusa someday so the v65 is alot fast then the xs1100

Comment

Working...
                              X