4 Wheeler Motorcycle???!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Wheeler Motorcycle???!!!???

Coming down the interstate yesterday, I came up behind what I thought was a nice looking trike. I sped up to get a closer look at it, and boy was I surprised. The motorcycle had what looked like a trike kit, only whoever converted it, left the rear wheel on. The other two wheels, which were about the same size as the rear wheel, were mounted about a foot and a half to two feet on either side of the bike and appeared to have step plates and hard bags mounted there as well. There were also 3 seperate rear fenders, which caused me to think for a moment the guy was towing a trailer, but as I got up beside him, I noticed there was no trailer and all three back wheels were in-line. It was by far on of the strangest looking setups I've ever seen. I wish I had my camera with me ... whould have loved to show you guys a couple pictures of what this thing looked like.
    ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
    '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

The was a post on these things a few months ago. www.mtcvoyager.com
    I was thinking of getting one when I'm old and decrepit... maybe next year.
    (If this link doesn't work, do a search here for "Outrigger", then go to the second thread)
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

i was going to say i have seen a few of those around here and it is weird looking but it is a good idea so you dont have to turn your bike in to a trike
      79 yamaha xs1100f standard
      best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

voyager

my neighbors uncle knows our local voyager distributor and has one of the kits installed on his wing. its a nice looking get up. i haven't ridden it but a have ridden in a group with him. supposed to be able to convert in just minutes back to 2 wheels. i heard more than i person dog them because they look like training wheels, but i wouldn't mind having one for my wing. especially when 2 up road trippin.

Comment

Trike kits

There's another trike kit you can buy. It's put out by Tow-pac out of Ill. It uses smaller wheels so it does look like training wheels. I think it's a lot easier to ride and has same features as the MTC.
          But it has independent suspension and also lets you lean in turns.
          It can be put on or taken off in like 3 or 4 minutes. It sells for
          $2900 as opposed to $4100 for the other kit. It has fenders and the whole shebang so you can paint it to match your bike. It's called instatrike. There web site is www.tow-pacinc.com. They also have them for scooters. It's worth a look if you're looking to
          get one.

woodbutcher

Comment

Working...
          X