Good News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News!

I finally got clearance from corporate medical saying I can return to work. It has been six months since the accident, and I am more than ready to go back. The time spent with SWMBO has been nice, but I needed to get back because I ran out of sick and vacation time yesterday. It's gonna kinda suck getting up at 4:30 am to get ready for work, but I'll get used to it. I will really miss being able to run the SWMBO program any time we want, but it was really good while it lasted.

Well John, back to work so you can accumulate more time off for rides and rallies
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

So now you can ride again??
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Cool! Keep on keeping on!
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

That's great news, John! Now, just don't over-do things or push yourself too hard. Gradually get back into your old routines and then do so carefully!!
          Sept. a year ago I crashed my '84 'Wing and fractured T-8 and
          T-9 vertebras, not to mention several stitches in various places. I was off from work for just over three months.
          It was hard getting back "into the swing of things" and believe me, my body told me if I had pushed myself too hard.
          You only get to heal up once, so take your time and heal up right!
          'Like being thrown from a horse, sometimes the best medicine is getting back on and ride. That is, AFTER you have healed up correctly.
          Ride Safe and Best Wishes,
          Greg C.
          '80 XS1100-G
          '87 GL1200-I
          '93 KLX650-C1

Comment

It's great to hear things are going so well for you John. I know how restless it can be sitting around the house when you're so used to working. The first two weeks feel great, like a much needed vacation ... but after that, you just get this longing to do more with your time/day.

I left one job to start another for better hours and pay. I set up my dates so that I could have a week off between my last day at the old job and my first day at the new job. I submitted my two weeks notice and all was great. The first morning of my "vacation" I called my new boss-to-be to only to find out the higher ups came down and $hit canned the guy who was hiring me. There I was, unemployeed ... just like that.

Took nine months to get back into the work force ... the longest nine months I've had to endure ... that is until I found out I was going to be a daddy.
            ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
            '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Working...
            X