home jobby syncronizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home jobby syncronizer

I wanted to put together a carb syncronizer like this one in the carb maintanence section. I looked at horbor freight online and could find a gauge for less than around $20. Anybody no of anyplace else to get a vacuum gauge at a lower price?
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

I looked around when I put mine together and eventually just bought mine at Sears for ~$20. Not sure I would want to go much cheaper as you need it to be repeatable as you valve in the each of the four carbs.
    For what it is worth I did not use the big suppression tube in the pic, I put an additional needle valve in after the gang block and it does the same thing.
    I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

I saw the one at Sears and was saving that for least expensive alternative if I don't get any good leads
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

81XS, where in Cal are you? I'm in Fresno. I bought the parts to make a synch and was putting it together when my wife made a rare journey to the garage and asked me what I was doing. I told he, and she said, "Why do you always have to Rube Goldberg some piece of crap when a ready-made one that works better can be had for a few bucks?!" So I bought a 4-dial synch and have a single vac gauge and PVC collector with fittings for sale cheap. Let me know. I might be able to meet you halfway, XS to XS....
        "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Wives... they just don't get it!
          "I build, because I can. This is what real men do."
          As for women...
          Like the Kaiser said, "Kirche, Kueche, Kinder." (church, kitchen, children)
          I think he was also qouted as saying," Go back upstairs and watch Oprah!", but I'll have to research that a little.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I PM'd you, LOHO.
            '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

.. wives, eeh what do they know right?. well, on second thought if your woman knows who Rube Goldberg is than she might have a point.. a Carb Stick only cost about $60 bucks
              . but hey, men cant give birth, so we build things

Comment

Working...
              X