• Show
Clear All

• SWMBO software - good for a laugh

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed that
    the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of
    space and valuable resources. In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into
    all other programs and now monitors all other system activity, such as
    Poker Night 10.3, Football 5.0, Hunting and Fishing 7.5, and Riding 3.6.

I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run my
    favorite applications. I'm thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0,
    but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0. Please help!
    Thanks,

A Troubled User. (KEEP READING)...SEE REPLY BELOW
    _____

REPLY:
    Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is
    just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING
    SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!! It is also
    impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0. It is
    impossible to uninstall, or purge the program files from the system once
    installed!

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not
    allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings-Alimony-Child
    Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the
    situation. I suggest installing the background application "Yes Dear" to
    alleviate software augmentation.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE because
    ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system
    will return to normal anyway. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends
    to be very high maintenance. Wife 1.0 comes with several support programs,
    such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5 and Do Bills 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will
    cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens, the
    only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase additional
    software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0 !
    WARNING!!! Stop the upgrade cycle and DO NOT, under any circumstances,
    install Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3.
    This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause
    irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best of luck,
    Tech Support

good post i have heard that before and aint it true getting ride of wife 1.0 to go back to girlfreind 7.0 can cost alot in the long run
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

I don't mind when wife 1.0 is monitoring Riding 3.6, but I really hate is when the program trys to change my peripherals from the XS model to a VAN.
      I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Having upgarded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 some 31 years ago, a few notes are in order.

Install Pets 3.5 and GrowFlowers 5.2. If you have the space, also install LidDown 2.8 and LaundryDay. You might have to be included as part of the alternate configuration for these programs, but the improvement in the operation of Wife 1.0 is worth it.

If you want to expand your hobbies, install ShoppingMall 6. If you are lucky, you may need to only install one or two clothing stores, such as Christopher & Banks, but this depends on your pearticular Wife 1.0 instalation parameters. These additional programs create resources needed for you to run your Hobbies 8 program.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I've found since uninstalling Wife 1.0 that my system works better than ever. I just run Occational Lay 5.0 every now and then to keep the new OS happy. I also have Norton AntiWife installed. Its a great program. Everytime I get to thinking about installing another version of Wife, it runs Reality Check 2.0. Also, as soon as any version of Nag Nag starts running, it removes it with ruthless efficency.

All my programs run better now. Friends 10.0, Guns 15.0, Guitars 4.0, Bikes 1.0 (which is rarely compatible with Wife 1.0) all run better than they ever have. I don't know if I'll ever be able to uninstall DoWhatTheHellIPlease 1.0, too. I've really gotten used to it.

Now that I think about it, Bikes 1.0 did crash once, but I had it fixed in short order.

80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Does anyone know how to contact the technical support? I noticed last night that shortly after the upgrade wife 1.0 had suggested we downloand child v1 and then later v2. I never recieved a manual or technical support number for those downloads? The programs, although initially listed as free and quite fun to iniate, really require a lot of resource allocation. I also notice that occasionally commands must be issued repeatedly to get a response, and at time I have resorted to isolating one or the other in their own disk partition. Sometimes this helps, but I am really thinking a hard boot might have better results.

A second issue is that I was told these downloads would be fully compatible with each other, this really is not the case. At times they seem to run subroutines for which the only purpose is to interupt the operation of the other version of child. The results can be very entertaining when this happens to someone else;s sytems, but I really do not like having the problem in my system.

There is no doubt I would like to keep these downloads as overall they are both educational and amusing. I only wish the tech support I could find was not so vague and at times so contradicting. This is particularily true of the supposed support available from any of the 4 versions of grandparent. I accidently left the terminal with child running and grandparent in the background, it took a long time to reset some key operating parameters! This was one of the few time the wife 1.0 was also not monitoring the sytem.

Comment

Wife 3.2 BETA

Recently, I upgraded Girlfriend 7.0 to fiancée 2.1 using the Diamond 6.0 parameters. After spending many years working on the code, I think I have developed a successful version of Wife 3.2. I’m currently testing the BETA version of this program with overall successful operations. So far, Poker Night 3.6 is fully compatible under the Texas Hold’em 1.2 protocal and Motorcycle 11.00 runs perfectly with a smaller version (Motorcycle 5.50) running as a support program for the Wife 3.2 Operating System. This BETA version also includes other successful integrations, such as:
              Cooking and Cleaning 6.4 (which has never ran better)
              Hobbies 3.0
              Beer and Pool 5.1
              Friends 10.0
              And Coitus 8.3 (which runs with no interruptions from Headache 3.8 or Cramps 9.0 at all hours of the day or night)

The only bugs left to work out are an occasional critical fault in Nag 8.4 and PMS 12.6. Also, Wedding Plans 10.4 has caused STRESS 5.9 to activate, which causes Wife 3.2 to crash. Running Massage 6.7 immediately after the crash always restores the system to peak performance.
              ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
              '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Originally posted by RS Thornton
                ...occasionally commands must be issued repeatedly to get a response, and at time I have resorted to isolating one or the other in their own disk partition. Sometimes this helps, but I am really thinking a hard boot might have better results.
                When dealing with Child 1.0 or Children 2.0 and up, Disk Partition isolation can usually be an effective procedure. One hot key I've located is Bottom Swat 1.0 which usually corrects the systems unresponsiveness. After repeat executions of the Bottom Swat 1.0 which do not yeild a positive result, I find it best to Pause/Break and Control for 10 seconds before attempting the Hard Boot. Repeat Hard Booting of the Child 1.0 or Children 2.0 applications can cause serious corruptions to the System Integrity which can cause an onset of the I Hate You or Hellian viruses.
                ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

But...

Will the system run Felatio on Demand 7.0 with out having to modify any other programs?Will I need to install Dinner 50.1or can I get away with just running Jack Daniels Old #7 program?

Comment

I've found that Felatio on Demand 7.0 will run best with Cunnilingus ver.5.5 running in the background.

You guys are killin me!

Are the wives reading this?

Comment

Are the wives reading this?
                      I sincerely hope not....
                      Jerry Fields
                      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                      '06 Concours
                      My Galleries Page.
                      My Blog Page.
                      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by randy
                        I've found that Felatio on Demand 7.0 will run best with Cunnilingus ver.5.5 running in the background.

Wow! Randy's right! I took his advise, and after running those two programs, the twenty minute version of Coitius 8.3 initiated itself.

Comment

John,

Randy posted at 2 and you loaded and ran the program already!! You must not have downloaded any versions of child as that is another issue that shows up. Those downloads virtually eliminate the on demand function of any of those programs.

Comment

Actually

I have two copies of daughter, 1.0 and 1.1 (twins) and one of son 2.0. They were having their memory upgraded at the time (school). I am still off line (out of work from my accident), but expecting to be reconnected any day now. Besides when the child programs are engaged with the Nintendo video game, they are totally oblivous to anything. If we want to load the abbreviated Coitius program, we just partion them off, and they never know. He, he, he.
                            Also, we have two copies of the XS program, one copy of the FJ1100 program, and one copy of minivan 99
                            Last edited by John; 12-01-2005, 06:11 PM.

Comment

SWMBO software operating guide

For those of you still unfamiliar with this program, here are a few tips:

SWMBO is often compatible with other software but you must use the proper operating sequence.
                              You cannot usually run any gaming software without first initiating a prompt. This includes (but is not limited to)
                              Poker Night 1.0 and later versions (although not TOO late)
                              Riding 1.0 and later
                              Friends 1.0 and later (although some friends are NEVER compatible with SWMBO 1.0 or even some later versions)
                              This does not include all gaming software but lists only a few. It will not take long to identify any that may not be on this list... trust me.

The general prompt to allow these other programs to run is
                              Hon-E-Dew 5.2

Occasionally (meaning... VERY rarely), the SWMBO software will allow other software to run simultaneously. Please see the warning on the package. This is very dangerous and can cause a fatal error. SWMBO software is very unstable when run with Threesome 2.1. Under the proper conditions, this has proven to be an entertaining program, but can cause unforeseen problems in the future (see appendix for viruses and fatal errors)

Users can avoid NAG 3.5 and later versions by installing Brain 1.0 and later versions.
                              SWMBO software is meant to be a pleasurable experience for the user and with proper maintenance will work properly with a lifetime guarantee.

Note: SWMBO is compatible with other software... but prefers hardware
                              81 SH Something Special
                              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                              80 LG Black Magic
                              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                              For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                              X