• Show
Clear All

• a real nice special

.. this is a real freakin nice 79 special[xsept for the bagger mirrors]
    it looks like it has standard rear shocks also

This one would make Ed Burke proud

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

a real nice special

Been wondering when someone would post it here.

Anyone got a good guess what final bid might be?

mro

Comment

.. it's anyones guess as to what his reserve might be

Comment

i live near chicago if someone wants me to pick it up for them...

1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

That's a beauty, for sure. Barely broken in!

Bet he wants at least 5k for it. He's probably putting it out there just to see what he can get for it.
          80 XS1100SG
          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

The seller says that his bike is one of the nicest ones out there. I would stack mine up against it, and he apparently doesn't know about this site, and all of the great looking bikes here. Randy's, Ken Talbot's, and Gerkenbruce's are a few others that come to mind.

Comment

Re: a real nice special

Originally posted by GNEPIG
              .. this is a real freakin nice 79 special[xsept for the bagger mirrors]
              it looks like it has standard rear shocks also

This one would make Ed Burke proud

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
              Yeah it is nice. The rear shocks are stock Special.
              Shiny side up,
              650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
              XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

it is a nice bike but like said he must not know about this site and i mean yeah it is low miles and all but if we all spent a weekend cleaning up our bikes they could look like that
                79 yamaha xs1100f standard
                best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

I dunno, lol ... I think it'd take more than a weekend to clean mine up that nice. But you know, she's old and allowed to show her age in some places. It's like she wearing her graying hair proudly.
                  ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                  '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Looks like the price didnt go high enough, or someone made an offer-cause now it says reserve not met and it has ended on the 29th.

guess he wanted 2500.00 or more.

its a nice bike but thats alot of dough to me for a 25 yo machine unless it has alot of extras and big bore etc.
                    '82 Xj1100j

"Ride for the Son"

< )) ><

John

Comment

Originally posted by xj11john
                      Looks like the price didnt go high enough, or someone made an offer-cause now it says reserve not met and it has ended on the 29th.

guess he wanted 2500.00 or more.

its a nice bike but thats alot of dough to me for a 25 yo machine unless it has alot of extras and big bore etc.
                      Now if we were talking about that 1500 custom, I don't think anyone would have a problem paying $2500.00 for that one. Hell, if I had the cash and it were for sale, I'd pay 5 or 10 times that much for that beautiful beast.
                      ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                      '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

yeah that 1500 if it was for sale i am sure it would bring a mint and i would be bidding on that one

Comment

i was starting to wounder what his min was set at but we didnty find out but i am sure it was over 2500 i mean it was a nice bike and all but not for me for that price i mean my bike only blue books for 1180 and on a bike that old the value has already almost hit rock bottom

Comment

Yea, the only thing that would bring up the value is the "artwork" on the bike. I had a POS blazer with some air brush work done to the hood and tailgate ... raised the value a whole $500.00. If my blazer had been in better condition, would have raised it more because it was a custom job.

IMHO, I wouldn't pay more $500.00 but the (so called) "art" on this bike. I just wasn't too impressed with it.
                            ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                            '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Working...
                            X