Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz, let me introduce myself

Hi all,

I am new here, just registered following the advise of Gary, who kindly answered me at alt.motorcycles.yamaha and recomended me this forum.

I recently came interested on an XS 1.1 I have seen, and surfing the web, I found your site.

The poor bike has been alone at the side of the walkway for a year and a half by now. I am trying to contac the owner, and make him some kind of offer. It seems that it has all its original parts, although some chrome parts are rusty, and one spark-plug broken, looks like a minor problem. Tires are fine, but old, no signs of crash. Painting is ok, and it has a non original exhaust. The rest seems original.

What do you think ? I will post some photos as soon as I can.

Thanks all, and keep on riding !

vĀ“sssss

Welcome and good luck in getting your XS. If you can't get that one, keep trying. They are worth any trouble you go through to get them. I just got mine this year and it has brought me nothing but joy with every mile!
    Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
    78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
    02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Welcome to the Fold...

We always love welcoming newbies. Hope everything works out for you in your purchase. Sounds like yours is in better shape than mine was, which was in better shape than several I've seen on here. If it speaks anything about the bike, you know it's got to be worth it when someone will buy one thats been sitting for years on end, or has been through a flood. If they can restore that kind of damage, then damn near anything is possible.

Once again, good luck with the purchase, and welcome to the wonderful world of XSives.
      ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
      '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Very nice video

canned_heat

Checked out the photos you posted. Looks like that road through the mountains was made just for mc riders.

Spectacular ride.

The ride in your later post (video clip) is spectacular too

mro

Comment

welcome and good luck on getting your xs1100 and if not just keep looking and if you have any questions just ask they will get answered
          79 yamaha xs1100f standard
          best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Working...
          X