Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When were you a pillion last? (the "other" seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When were you a pillion last? (the "other" seat)

Morning/afternoon/evening to each and his/her own.

(phew....how much easier it is to just say "G'day")...

Had a really strange experience last night...(what was that you said Scully???)

As you may or may not be aware I'm putting together a group purchase of the Autocom Pro M1 stereo intercom units curtesy of a new Oz importer I had recently met, and the neighbour, "Chris", who's K11LT led to the demise of "The Tardis", was interested in the clarity of the Pro M1.

Ok, my helmet was already rigged up with the speakers and boom mic, we'll just alter your old bonedome and go for a derby on his K1200LT-c.

I think that the last time I was a pillion was wayyyyyy back (hmmmmmmmm this "wayyyyyyyy back phrase is croping up more n more in my converstaions...) in 1973/4 or so with my mates Kwaka Z1 900.

Soooo we rig up the Autocom and I jump on the back,...(ok not really "jump" but ......)and away we go.

What a strange sorta "no control", ..."left to my own devices" feeling??? At the first set of traffic lights, which were red of course....I instinctivly tried to put my left foot down to the ground....."AAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH" panic feeling...can't touch the ground...were going to tip over.....hot sweaty adrenalin punch... After about 2 secs it then dawned on me..."dummy,.. yer on the back...."

After that it was away we go...vroooom vroooom.

The seat is a bit on the wide side...no wonder SWMO moans a bit/lot after the first couple of 00kms....

Chris opens up the throttle a bit more than I do....but having two pairs of eyes looking for the people in blue within the cars we passed, plus the duplex conversation, was spot on....

another unit sold possibly...(no one from the XS list seems interested in this good autocom Pro m1 price as yet....)

Phill

1973/4 or so with my mates Kwaka Z1 900

74... I don't think they made them in 73...

The last time was a couple months ago when my car got cuffed
    A friend took me to my house for the cash and back...
    Had mixed feelings... when I rode that bike, it didn't want to accelerate compared to my gpz600 (he has a 550 gpz), but when I was on the back... phew.
    OK, not so scary as being on the back seat of a ZX1100 when a friend went to pick up a guzzi... his ZX too.
    The way back was much better... I rode the ZX. Nice sport-tourer, but no fun. Boring.

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Phil, just curious, but did you wear your tee-shirt that said "The Bitch" on back??

(Sorry, a feeble attempt at American humor)
      I am a man,
      but I can change,
      if I have to,
      I guess.

Comment

Yeah, Phil, did you?
        What does that translate to in Aussie?
        Strom, how does that translate in your land?

Just bringing some international flavor to this.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Underwood
          Phil, just curious, but did you wear your tee-shirt that said "The Bitch" on back??

(Sorry, a feeble attempt at American humor)
          G'day Scott,
          geeeeezzzzzzzzz some guys will type anything to get there "posts numbers" up

I was sorta thinking along those lines, but no doubt you are somewhat unfamiliar with the seating arrangment allocated to the K12200LT-c.....not only do you get a nice skimpy dressed usherette to show you to your seat, but the seat has a high relaxing back padded area, fitted with electrically operated massage rollers.

wearing my "Bitch" shirt would sorta seem "tacky" if that's the word, on such a fine piece of german machinery........now if the shirt said "frau Bitch" perhaps that woulda been more subtle

avagoodone

Phill

Comment

doh!!!!! did I just increase the cc of a Beryl Beemer machine by heaps????? K12200LT-C...now that's some motor.... should be K1200LT-C of course....

Sorry Mike H...yer tooo slow,.... yet again,.... to correct me.....

Phill

Comment

Phill, I just assumed it was some esoteric Oz mod, kinda like the Boss Hog! A 745 cu in BMW!~ Wouldn't put it past you, mate.

I can see I'm going to have to keep a sharper eye on you...
              Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Phill, hope you know I was just sh!ttin' ya. Couldn't resist the chance to say something crass. (And you are correct Sir, that was my 9th post - woo hoo this is my 10th)

Anyway, Phill the strat, is that as in stratocaster? There is a guy on another forum I frequent whose name is David Ulbrick from Melbourne. Sounds like he was sorta big in the OZ pop music scene a few years back. Do the terms/name The Tone King or The Austrailian Idol mean anything to you? How about the Fretless Weapon?

Also, what's The Daily Planet like?
                I am a man,
                but I can change,
                if I have to,
                I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA
                  Yeah, Phil, did you?
                  What does that translate to in Aussie?
                  Strom, how does that translate in your land?

Just bringing some international flavor to this.
                  Phill, if you had a t-shirt that said "bastards mate"....? It would work for his wife/girlfried/concubine/cuteblondehitchikerwithanicesetofboobs or any of his friends

MartyA, bitch can be translated into a female dog, like it should, more common in relation with a human subject would translate to "prasica" which literally means a female pig, but can also mean a really hot chick to eat up (and I don't mean the roasted winged creature)

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
                  X