Clear All

• nor cal

"nor cal
    hey xs650mike

you shouldn't tease them poor duds out east."

I'm sorry, I "ment dudes" not duds

mro

Nor Cal

Out east? I always thought it was out west and back east. But if you're from out west then I guess it's out east and back west.
    Yeah, the rest of the country likes to think Californians are a bunch of nutballs but what's nutty about living here? Methinks it's just envy.

Actually my parents were from back east in the midwest (huh?) but they both had the good taste to move to California where they met and I'm glad they did.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Hey -- up here in Maine its DownEast???

Steve
      80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
      73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
      62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
      Norton Electra - future restore
      CZ 400 MX'er
      68 Ducati Scrambler
      RC Planes and Helis

Comment

100% Southern

I've always been pleased with the addage:

"American by birth, Southern by the grace of God."

After growing up in the Blue Ridge Mountians, I'm not a big fan of "city life" ... hell, Columbia can be too much city for me at times. Nope, give me a log cabin halfway up a snow capped peak and I'd be "grinnin' like a possum eatin' shyte."

Ok, maybe that last one showed my colors a little too much, oh well.
        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

California, the Granola state. If they're not fruits or nuts they're flakes .
          Born and raised here (XSecpt for 10 years in AZ)
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

In my opinion, NorCal is from Sac north.
            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Sorry, but NorCal is also the coast north of Big Sir, IMHO.
              Ray
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Mike, what is the camping situation around Clear Lake? Could it support a handful of old bikers for a weekend?
                "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

nor cal

650mike

"Yeah, the rest of the country likes to think Californians are a bunch of nutballs but what's nutty about living here? Methinks it's just envy."
                  __________________________________________________ __

your right on there. but Cal is so big its got just about everything including nutballs. about the only thing we don't have are hurricanes.

lived up/down the west coast, been through the south and lived out in Florida for a spell and have traveled "back east" (Chicago, Allen Town PA area and out to New York.

Always come home.

btw
                  looked at my map program and there is a sh!t load of development around your lake. Same thing is happening up above Portola where I have a nice piece of property.

mro

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo
                    Mike, what is the camping situation around Clear Lake? Could it support a handful of old bikers for a weekend?
                    Quite a bit more than a handful Larry. Clear Lake State Park is huge, got lotsa campsites, everything from lakeside, creekside, hillside w/lakeview. Also boat ramps and bathing beach and nature center. There's also tons of small resorts w/cabins & lake access not to mention Konocti Harbor resort (MC friendly) which has suites w/full kitchens etc. Had a couple of friends up from L.A., camped at the State Park and loved it as did my friends from France and Japan. Got something specific in mind?
                    Shiny side up,
                    650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Re: nor cal

btw
                      looked at my map program and there is a sh!t load of development around your lake. Same thing is happening up above Portola where I have a nice piece of property.

mro
                      Well the shoreline's been mostly pretty developed for a long time but we have been "discovered" and there is a building boom going on. The planning commission and county supes are trying to be smart about new developements though. Old developments like mine are suddenly booming, they're building houses like crazy here but I'm still the only house on my block. I think not for long though. We're going from being a retirement and weekend community to a bedroom community. My house has tripled in value in the 9 years I've been here. Glad I bought when I did. Agriculturally it's taking off too, back in the prohibition days they took out the vineyards and put in pear and walnut orchards, now they're converting back to high end wine grapes.
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Comment

650Mike

On Grizzly road (from hy 70/89 to Davis Lake) they started a new development 2 years ago. $200,000+ for a lot. Just this year a few houses and a golf course have been put in.

I get to drive by it on my way to my place. Lucky for me they can not build behind me, Plumas National Forest and the county doesn't want anybody building too close to the creek.

Little sister and hubby bought one of their lots before anything but dirt road. Expecting to make a few bucks on it in another year or so.

Plane to take my bike up to my property. Looks like the XS will go into my van with just removing the mirrors.

Good and plenty twisty's up there. Just can't speed on the hy ways (local deputy wrote my van up for NOT HAVING A MONTH STICKER) been stopped for tail light out too!

County looking to make a buck anyway they can.

Any way

When time permits I'm likely to ride up your way. Love to go places never been before.

mro

Comment

This is the Cali I know and love. When I was in the service I found that everyone's idea of California was a giant beach where everybody surfs It always pissed be off.

'81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Know jut what you mean. When people tell me it doesn't snow in California I tell them that there's places in Cal where there's snow in July. They don't believe me. Screw 'em!
                            Shiny side up,
                            650 Mike

Comment

got get off my rear and scan a few pics.
                              Have some from all over CA.
                              Need to pick a few you guys might appreciate.

mro

Comment

Working...
                              X