brag and drag 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brag and drag 2006

ok as you guys know chevy and i are tring to setup a rally next year. i was just woundering how many people would be intersted in attending. the rally is going to be in the fall of 2006 but we are getting started early so we can get it all setup.

what we are looking at is a friday night meet and greet and a camp out and a camp area up there. then saturday we are looking at the drag part of rallywhich it will be held at a local track up where the rally is going to be and then sunday a motorcycle ride with everybody then meet back at the campsites and break camp and head home.

the place for the rally is union grove wisconsion and the area around union grove

i know this should of went some where eles but nobody ever looks down there so thats why i put it there so we could get some input of how many people would be interested in attending
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Great Idea

Brag and Drag

What a great idea XSive from all over the country getten XSive all in one spot!!

XSivly
    Bruce
    Bruce Gerken
    '79 XS1100SF
    "The Black"
    '2009 BMW k1300GT'
    The Red Sled.
    St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

thats what we ttohught but we just tring to get a number of people that would be interseted in coming

Comment

Dates...

SWMBO and I would be interested in coming up, if the dates are right. Seeing's how we are planning a wedding for October, I'm not too sure how well a Fall rally will fit into the schedule. Keep us posted on the dates for this shindig ... and until then, I'll see what unveils.
        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

sounds good

assuming i have everything finished by next fall, lol. (my target date is mid april, but we all know how that goes). i was planning on riding out to my aunts place in South Dakota. Coming from the east coast, should be a heck of a ride! let us know exactly when. i have an anniversary in October, but might even convince my wife that a B&B in the black hills would be a great place to go for that!

Comment

on that same train of thought

any other east coasters, might be kind of cool if we met up somewhere and made the ride out there together.

Comment

valhallan

Assuming the dates are doable for me and SWMBO, then you've got yourself a deal. You'd be about halfway between here and there, so we could just meet along the road and make the final leg together.

Again, this is all depending on what the dates wind up being.
              ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
              '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

If the "winter project" is done, I would not mind the ride. A few day's out, have some fun, and a ride home.
                Ray
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

What part of Ohio?
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

middletown ohio right off 75 north 20 min away from cincinnati

Comment

I'm talking to SWMOB about <gasp > trailering the bikes behind my truck/camper. I would tow my LG for the drags part. She would be on her 96 Virago 1100.
                      If I was to bike out it would be on my E (faster of my two XS's) but wouldn't run it (or run and push as hard).

More than likely I/we won't make it but ya never know.
                      Pat Kelly
                      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Told the wife and she is interested. We are coming from Ottawa Ontario. Its only 850miles... If its any consideration last week of July or last week of August would work for us. I'd love to see a murder (crows?) of xsive's!

Keep us posted.

Comment

looking for

looking for about times from p[eople was thinking mid to late sept first week of oct. (it does get cold here about then any later would be way to cold for camping. For most) The track at my area also has to be done with there final shindig days. so we can have a fair amount of runs for us to enjoy. I've personally made 15 in a day, but that is a lot of beating on the bike... just basically looking into real interest from ya'll. will make adjustments to dates and such to get the most people we can.
                          1982 XJ 1100
                          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

ACTUALLY

i'd be coming from the east coast, talked my wife into the trip (the promise of a comfy B&B afterward to recover before the ride home did the trick)

don't think i'll be doing any racing, may take a lap or two just to open up a little. wife would go NUTS if i did more then that. got her to agree to go, thats enough for now.

Comment

Dates...

If you're looking for the last week of September or first week of October, SWMBO and I won't be able to make it. If it were a month or so earlier, then I don't think it'd be a problem, but our wedding is tentitavely set for October 14th, that the month leading up to that is going to be crazy.
                              ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
                              '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Comment

Working...
                              X