different exhaust made for the xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different exhaust made for the xs

i am in need of new exhaust my stock stuff has rusted out and the only company that makes exhaust that i have found is mac and i need the complete system for my bike i would like a 4 into2 but i am thinking i will make more power with the 4 into1 so i am thinking of going 4 into1
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Bandet,

Check out Dennis Kirk, they have both Mac and Jardine in 4-1 sets:
    Dennis Kirk Exhausts for 79XS1100

IF the above link doesn't work, go to the web site, then search for Yamaha, 79 XS1100 and then Custom Fit exhausts!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

so if you had to get new exhaust what would you get

Comment

Well,

The set I'm currently running is an old 4-1 set I got from JCW over 15 years ago, so I don't know what brand they are, but they are black ceramic coated, and are still working well.

I don't necessarily care about keeping a stock look. With a 4-1 you get the better scavenging effect than the 4-2's. However, Jardine seemed to take more care or calculation of performance into their designs of their 4-2's, and I would think the same thought process went into their 4-1's.

Mac worked in maintaining the access to the oil filter and centerstand, which might have sacrificed a little performance for these attibutes? They are cheaper, but are only in full chrome.

The Jardines are in both black and chrome, but not sure about the access to the oil filter and centerstand use!?

Since I'm not needing racing performance, I'd probably get the MAC for the cost difference, but then I'm hoping to fabricate my own out of SS in the distant future for my 81H that I'll be doing the chain drive conversion. Good luck on your choice, and wish me luck in my fabrication idea!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

you know where to find the jardine 4 into 2 setup i havent been able to find it and if not i might have to find some other place with a 4 into 1 or 2 setup it just depend really how much moreperfomance i will get out of the 4 into 1 over the 4 into 2

Comment

Wow those are expensive. Anyone ever thought of using Iron pipe?
            Wonder how that would look? Mount a couple 90's and run it out the back
            79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
            07 V-star 1100
            Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

I have a set of jardine 4-1 chrome on my 79f. They have 50,000 mi on them no problems. Centre stand fits,oil filter comes off no problem. Spend money to get a good set of pipes. They will last for years. Mine are at least 12 yrs old.

Comment

thats what i wanted to hear about the jardine exhaust so i might just go twith there 4 into 1 setup

Comment

I see them fabbing exhausts on the bike buider programs all the time. I know they're going for looks and noise and not necessarily performance.
                  How difficult could it be to replicate a good performing exhaust for the XS?
                  I'm not a welder so I may be saying this with "wide-eyed innocence".
                  Pat Kelly
                  <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                  1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                  2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                  1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                  1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                  1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I'm not a welder either, but I've seen some of the work Denny Zander has done I believe he bought some stock bits of mandrel bent tubing , cut them as needed, and welded them up. Sounds simple enough, but there's obviously some real precision needed to get the pipes going where you want them.
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

speaking of denny

has he been around latley? i have two collectors from my rusted out kerkers for him for more fab XShaust systems.
                      1982 XJ 1100
                      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

i see well i am just looking for a bolt on setup that will give me the most bang since i like drag racing and street riding the bike

Comment

Working...
                        X