Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Thanks for adding me. I was a long time member of the old forum (Eastside Dave). With the help of the members of that forum I completely rebuilt my 1979 XS1100sf. I moved to Arizona, and unfortunately my XS was left in storage in Illinois for 8 years. I just got her to Arizona last week, and now I get to rebuild her again!

-Dave

Welcome back Westside Dave.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Thanks Radioguylogs! I'm looking forward to rejoining the discussions, and getting my girl back on the road.

Comment

I was with the old forum. Some didn't join this forum when they switched over. Welcome back!!
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Welcome back! You should not have to do a complete rebuild unless the "storage" facility was outdoors. Change all the fluids and tires, pull carbs and check that they are still clean inside, look for rust in the tank.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Oldyam80sg,

Thank you! I'm excited to be back. I missed my XS! I recognize a lot of the names from the old board though. Which is 🤠

Comment

DiverRay,

Your right, I won't need to go as deeply into her this time. Last time I stripped her completely. She's just not looking as pretty as when I last saw he. I'll get her all gussied up again though. Unfortunately for me I got her back just as the temps are starting to rise. I don't know how much I will get done in the un- air-conditioned garage when the mercury reads 120°. Luckily the other 3 seasons are beautiful!

I also remember you from the old board, and you helped me out a lot when I would get stuck. I want to thank you for that!

Dave

Comment

I just realized that I had joined this group back in 2007 when me and my XS were separated. My username here, and on the old site was Lakecountrydave not Eastsidedave. That was my username on the Honda V4/Magna sites. Lol

Comment

Well then, we'll look for you on the V4 Honda sites as well!
                  -Mike
                  _________
                  '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                  '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                  '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                  '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                  '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                  '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                  '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Radioguylogs - No need. I sold the Magna before I bought the XS. I also moved from the city of Milwaukee out to the burbs hence the name change. I've moved a few times since, but the Desert Dave name is safe as I am never moving again!

I almost bought a V65 two weeks before I went and got my XS back, but figured that after 8 years the XS would be a project again. Maybe after I get her done again.

Comment

'Lo Dave! (^_^)

Yur right about the mercury here in AZ. ( •_•)

It's about this time of year I switch from day rides to nighttime just to keep my own air-cooled Special happy.

Really like the cool air-flow from the mountains as one crosses down into the dry river beds here.
                      彡໒(⊙ᴗ⊙)७彡

The never ending search fOaR JackaLopes on my Yamaha. (*^‿^*)

Comment

You should need nothing more than a heavy service check. Welcome back and good luck!
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Larrym - Once I get her on the road we should look for jackalopes together! I'm exactly halfway between Phoenix and Tucson in Arizona City.

Jetmechmarty - you and DiverRay are correct in that it should not take much to her back on the road. I'll need new tires and a battery. My master was completely empty with no signs of a leak so my plan (at the moment) is to replace/rebuild the whole system. I definitely don't want my brakes to fail. Lol. I'd been having nightmares that I left gas in the tank, but I did drain it. It looks like I even fogged the tank. Of course, I will need plates and registration. That and a good check of everything, and I should be burning gas!

The other big problem is that with the XS I also brought the complete furnishings of a 3 bedroom house back to my fully furnished 3 bedroom house. I will need to be able to find my garage before I can even begin to worry about the bike! 🤣

Comment

Yeah, when I moved here from California, it took a year before I could properly look at my bike!
                            Ray Matteis
                            KE6NHG
                            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

DiverRay - I am hoping that it won't take nearly that long. However, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm really eager to get back on the XS😎🤠

Comment

Working...
                              X