vin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vin help

ok guys i need some help to really find out about my bike, here is what happened the title says the bike is a 79 but when the police run the number on the frame it is a 78 and the build date is 6/78 and the vin number is 2h7 026501 so i dont know if it is a e or f but i didnt think there was and differance between the 2 but if there was can you guys list them please
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

If the frame and engine vin #s are the same (2H7-026501) then your bike is a 79 model F. The 2H7 means that your bike is a standard model and the 02xxxx is for the 1979 model. 78E models were 2H7-01xxxx vin #s. Bikes that were manufactured in the later part of 78 probably starting in June were the New 1979 year models which were available to dealers starting in October after the dealer shows during the last week of Sept. and the first week of Oct. in Las Vegas. Hope this helps.
    Do'Lee
    XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
    (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
    (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
    (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
    SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

The only differences I know of was the carburation needle had a different taper same part # but different needle. We ordered European needles for the 79s until they were changed. Can't remember for sure but cams might have been changed some also. EPA Emissions changed big between 1978 and 1979 models. Paint also the later model F starting with 2h7-026951 had tubless rims.
      Do'Lee
      XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
      (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
      (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
      (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
      SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

i see thank you and if you can think of anything eles let me know and thankl you again

Comment

got it all worked out am going to go tommorow to get the title in my name then all hell is going to break lose with moding the beast

Comment

got it all worked out yesterday had 2 different police run it and it was classified as a 79 and got the title mess all straighting out so in a few weeks i should have a title in my name and the beast will be getting some no parts added to her

on a side note took her off the trailer last night at my moms house took it around the block after she got warmed up and the beast loves the colder air it pulled the front end going into second for the first time it wouldnt evewn pull the front end at the track going into second but i think i got a clutch issue going on too

Comment

My 19?? Yamaha X?1100?/??

That is what I know about my cycle.

VIN: 3J6 - 001760

I've looked for VIN charts and tables but haven't found anything.

What do I have?

This is my first post. This is a great place. I didn't see a place for introductions which suites me. I love riding and, when she works, love riding my 1100.

I have some questions about parts options for replacing the fairing and accessories with a simple headlight and turn signals. Where should I post that?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cook

Edit: The VIN is the same on the frame and the engine/transmission.
              Last edited by Gr8Cook; 05-04-2006, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hey Cook,

That thread is in the MISC. section below the tech tips! It's called the Serial Number and such!

Here's the info:
                1980 XS1100SG 3J6-000101 Black Red, New Ruby Red

So....according to this, you should have an 80 Special!
                T.C.

If you are looking for parts, then post in the Member's Forum,
                This one!! But if you are looking for Technical Info, then post in the Tech Discussion Forum!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                X