Me and my Xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me and my Xs

The last time I posted here was 2005 lol, I had sold my xs11 special in 2001. I had bought my bike originally in 1992, it had been sitting outside under a tarp for two years. My father and I got it running and I proceeded to ride it to Alaska from southern b.c. got me there and back lol. I rode this bike u til 2000, decided to sell it. Over the years I wondered how it was doing, 8 or so years ago a scrap guy I knew had picked it up, he thought it was too good to wreck so he stored it until the owner (same guy I sold it too) picked it up. Soooo a few months ago there was my xs on market p.ace, same paint (i painted it )same bags (my dad had bought them for me for Christmas one year), same seat I had recovered lol, and same guy who I sold it to in 2001 owned it, I cried and I bought him back lol. He needs a lot from sitting I'm hoping to bring him back to his former glory. I used to have a picture of it on this site under my name Angie Meier, not sure if it's still on here can't find any pictures listed. Been a lot of years for me and my biking buddy I truly hope him and I can ride off into the sunset again lol

Nice story, you've come to the right place. We can help you to get her back going again. Welcome aboard.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

My story is similar. I gave an XJ away cuz I couldn't get it going and it found me three years later in 2012. Still riding it daily.
      "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Awesome! I have a lot of work ahead of me but this bike has been there before, hoping my story ends like yours : )

Comment

Working...
        X