Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Member Returned

Hi All,

I'm in the UK. I used to have a 1978 E, I've now got a 1981 LH so I'll be looking for some advice.

I work in the States quite frequently and would like to meet-up with some of you some time, though I'll be in a rental car.

Cheers!
    1978 "E" & 1979 "SF" trike (being built)

Welcome back.

I doubt you have reason be in my neck of the woods, but you are welcome here in northern Michigan.
    -Mike
    _________
    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Hello Saddo, There are a few of us here that own an LG, LH, or both. We'll be glad to help you if we can whenever you are ready. Welcome back to the forum. Bob
      Bob's Bikes:
      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
      "
      Project XS11"
      "Rucksack Grunt"
      "Small Unit Leadership"
      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
      For Sale Here.

Comment

Also in Pennsylvania half a year,,,,about 2 hours from Ranger who is near Pittsburgh,,,just write in the forum for any advice from the seasoned xs vets....my buddy Rupert lives right above Los Angeles and has had xs1100's for years. I think he is from Blackpool area, in England and is a completely great guy. Has been is the states for a dozen years or so and still has the cool accent,,,Mike in San DIego and Pa.

Comment

Socer4m-where exactly in PA?
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          xschop K & N air filter setup
          Dynojet Recalibration kit
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Howdy Old Yam, I spend half the year in Linesville, Pa. next to Pymatuning Lake,,,,,have family nearby and also in San Diego,,,so I go back and forth now that retirement is here. Down from a dozen or so bikes to a 650 vstrom and an 81 1100 venture, Ride on, Mike in San DIego and Pa.

Comment

Mike, I go to Ohio a couple times a year. Usually passing real close to you. Crossed Pymatuning Lake last month. Maybe we could meet for lunch sometime. I would however, be on the Honda ST1100, as the XS has just been sitting in the garage.
              80 SG
              81 SH in parts
              99 ST1100
              91 ST1100

Comment

HI Dean, sure, lots of mom places to munch here, just reach out and I can let you know when I am there. Presently in san diego for a month or so.......ride on,,,,Mike in S.Diego and Pa.

Comment

Hi Guys. Thanks for the welcome. I've just come back from a couple of weeks in Pennsylvania and South Carolina. I'm back in Pennsylvania and Oklahoma in September too. Might get to meet up. Its nice to know there are a few MNS gurus out there. Cheers!
                  1978 "E" & 1979 "SF" trike (being built)

Comment

Working...
                  X