New member introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member introduction

Hello, I kicked the members list up a notch today and became a registered user. Thank You...For the privilege. My neighbor moved and gave me his 79 XS1100SF. It sat in his garage since 1999. It needs the works and this site will help me work things out for sure. I drained the carbs, added fuel, installed a battery and to my surprise it fired up!!!!!after several attempts.

From Fremont, California
    Thank You
    Gene D.

79 XS1100SF (50K)Restoration Project
    79 XS1100SF My Cruiser(Money Pit)

sounds good and welcome you got any questions just ask i am sure somebody on here can help yo uout
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Thanks bandet01, I'm waiting for my carb kits then the adventure begins.
      Gene D.

Comment

New members means another XS has come back to life. Both reasons to celebrate. Welcome
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Thanks again for the welcome, and especially to all the XS-XJ group members for giving me the motivation and resources to suceed in my restoration project.
          Gene D.

Comment

Hey Simplyd1,

Welcome to the wide world of Xsiveness!! I hope you've been lurking for a while and have had the time to read thru the tech tips and such! The carb kits are a first possible problem! IF you get kits with the dreaded K&L pilot jets, you'll be in for more trouble than when you started, so make sure you don't get or install those jets, but clean your OEM's and put them back in!

Good luck.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Welcome to the Gang...

Take it from another newbie ... when I first joined, I didn't know a whole lot about the bike I'd just bought. The PO turned me onto this site and told me it had been his life-line anytime he ran into a problem. I've spent the past few months reading and taking notes and have learned so much about my 'Mistress' that it feels like I've known her for years.

So, like everyone else will tell you, if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. Someone here will either answer your question or point you in the direction you need to go to find it.

Enjoy the ride,
              ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
              '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

Lurking in the shadows yes I have been for two weeks. The carb kits on order are from Parts&More. I'm getting all my schooling from team members first by reading all applicable threads.
                Gene D.

Comment

Don't forget you have some owners close to you. If you have questions, or need some help, just ask. We will be happy to have one more bike on the next Reno run.
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
                  X