New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hey just wanted to give a shout out to all you guys out there. I’m in Indianapolis and I’m just starting a restore on a 79 XS1100s. Give me a shout if your from my area!

I'm at the Waffle House at 65&31 just south of town and heading north, if you can get here in the next 20 minutes we can split an order of ptomaine.
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Hi Keith, I'm up in Zionsville, working on a '78 XS1100E, also brand new to the forum
      Yamahas: 1978 XS1100E, XS500C
      Other bikes: 2000 Kawasaki Voyager XII

Comment

Welcome, you found the right place for owners of these bikes!
        '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
        '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
        '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
          I'm at the Waffle House at 65&31 just south of town and heading north, if you can get here in the next 20 minutes we can split an order of ptomaine.
          i gotta admit I love me some Waffle House lol! I would have came but had to work a late shift that night. Are you still in this area?

Comment

Originally posted by gtem View Post
            Hi Keith, I'm up in Zionsville, working on a '78 XS1100E, also brand new to the forum

Heck yeah man your only like 16 mi from me

Comment

Welcome!! Lots of knowledge on here. Has helped me tons since I have been here and on the older forum. Back when I bought my 80 SG(1986) there was no internet that I knew of.
              1980 XS1100 SG
              Inline fuel filters
              New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
              160 mph speedometer mod
              Kerker Exhaust
              xschop K & N air filter setup
              Dynojet Recalibration kit
              1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
              1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
                Welcome!! Lots of knowledge on here. Has helped me tons since I have been here and on the older forum. Back when I bought my 80 SG(1986) there was no internet that I knew of.

Yeah this forum is the bomb! Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith805 View Post

i gotta admit I love me some Waffle House lol! I would have came but had to work a late shift that night. Are you still in this area?
                  Got a room in Seymour Tuesday night and finished off the day Wednesday at Cycle Moore campground near Traverse City, Mi which is where I am now. This place kinda sorta acts as my home base during the summer months. Have a couple of friends in Greenfield and do get down that way from time to time, like you they also work which is why I didn't stop in there during the week.
                  1980 XS1100G

Comment

Got a room in Seymour Tuesday night and finished off the day Wednesday at Cycle Moore campground near Traverse City, Mi which is where I am now. This place kinda sorta acts as my home base during the summer months. Have a couple of friends in Greenfield and do get down that way from time to time, like you they also work which is why I didn't stop in there during the week.
                    Wife and I were camping in our RV at Interlochen State Park last week. Small world.
                    -Mike
                    _________
                    '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
                    '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
                    '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
                    '79 XS750SF 17k miles
                    '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
                    '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
                    '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

Originally posted by Radioguylogs View Post

Wife and I were camping in our RV at Interlochen State Park last week. Small world.
                      Raised my kids about three miles from here, still have friends around. Generally I stay here, a few spots along the Manistee river a couple along the Au Sable and another on the Pere Marquette river.

https://cyclemoore.com/
                      1980 XS1100G

Comment

Raised my kids about three miles from here, still have friends around. Generally I stay here, a few spots along the Manistee river a couple along the Au Sable and another on the Pere Marquette river.

https://cyclemoore.com/
                        is that your shop?

Comment

Never mind I see they have a campground as well. Once I get this beast going I’ll come check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith805 View Post
                            Never mind I see they have a campground as well. Once I get this beast going I’ll come check it out!
                            It's nothing special, place has been around awhile and some would say it has a bit of a "Zombie Apocalypse" feel to it with a scrap yard at one side and white trash trailer park up front. Despite that though there's no real trouble going on and the people are pretty chill. The draw for me is it's only $10 a night per person (if you're on a bike) with hot showers and flush toilets, that's an almost unheard of price, especially in the heart of a big money yuppie type area.

They have a nice collection of old bikes to look at up in the shop and enough basics like tires, filters, plugs etc on hand if you need something and can of course order damn near anything. The owners, Steve and Shirley are OLD SCHOOL flat track racers from back in the 60's, Shirley was the first female AMA certified race mechanic at Daytona and a founding member of The Motor Maids MC. They're still around although the place in now run by their extended family who mostly occupy the forementioned trailer park.
                            Last edited by LAB3; 05-14-2023, 06:53 AM.
                            1980 XS1100G

Comment

Working...
                            X