New member introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member introduction

Greetings from the vancouver CA. area. I am really thankful to have found this forum.

I have been looking to buy another motorbike (owned an xj750 a couple years back briefly) but have been pretty constrained due to finances. However, I found a fellow unloading this 1980 xs1100SG. I was able to pick it up for $300.00! It has brand new tires, battery, oil & filter, air filter and apparently he rebuilt the carbs too. An absolute steal if you ask me!

Cosmetically the bike is some what rough shape and after giving it a couple test rides I discovered it runs pretty rough. The issues I am experiencing are similar to what is here: https://xs11.club/forum/idle-talk-fo...-with-throttle I will likely ask some more specific questions in the appropriate place later. The bike also has some obvious electrical issues I will need to tackle.

Thanks for having me. I look forward to continue reading, learning and receiving feedback about the journey

Jonathan

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-0907.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	873519

WOW !!! thats £237 in my money. you guys get all the cheap bikes. a rough one in the UK will sell for around £1000 ($1264)

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post
      WOW !!! thats £237 in my money. you guys get all the cheap bikes. a rough one in the UK will sell for around £1000 ($1264)
      That's not an everyday type price that he paid, in the US you'd be in the $1000 range pretty regularly although you most often negotiate down from there.
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

The bike was listed for $1000. I got the sense he really needed it gone, so I offered him $300 for same day pick up and he agreed! Yay me! Now to just get 'er running half decent...

Comment

Originally posted by jonathacvb View Post
          The bike was listed for $1000. I got the sense he really needed it gone, so I offered him $300 for same day pick up and he agreed! Yay me! Now to just get 'er running half decent...
          A good score and worth saving another XS11

Comment

Working...
          X