Difference in cable lengths vs models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in cable lengths vs models

Question: Which bike had the longer clutch and throttle cables? Standard or Special.....or XJ?

Originally posted by DEEBS11 View Post
    Question: Which bike had the longer clutch and throttle cables? Standard or Special.....or XJ?
    not sure about the XJ but the special will have longer cables due to the bigger/higher bars.

like your Lemmy avatar by the way

Comment

According to partzilla, all of the xs1100s use the same clutch cable. The throttle cables are different between the standard and specials, but they don't give the lengths.
      Bob's Bikes:
      79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
      https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
      https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
      "
      Project XS11"
      "Rucksack Grunt"
      "Small Unit Leadership"
      "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
      For Sale Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post

not sure about the XJ but the special will have longer cables due to the bigger/higher bars.

like your Lemmy avatar by the way
        I met Lemmy a few times in the early 80's when I bought Motorhead albums as imports (British Metal not much available in "Nice" record shops here in Connecticut. AC/DC was hard to get also because they were from Australia. Here are a few pictures I took of him and Phil in 1983. God rest their souls. BTW - YES, you could smoke indoors back then kiddies.
        Last edited by DEEBS11; 02-16-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_xs1100 View Post

According to partzilla, all of the xs1100s use the same clutch cable. The throttle cables are different between the standard and specials, but they don't give the lengths.
          Thanks for the tip Ranger. I want to move my handlebars up and back. Need a longer cable. I got the hydraulic line. That was the easy part.

Comment

I met Lemmy a few times in the early 80's when I bought Motorhead albums as imports (British Metal not much available in "Nice" record shops here in Connecticut. AC/DC was hard to get also because they were from Australia. Here are a few pictures I took of him and Phil in 1983. God rest their souls. BTW - YES, you could smoke indoors back then kiddies.
            he was a legend, i never met him but ive seen the original line up twice.

Comment

Fast Eddie Clarke. Awesome.

Comment

A friend of mine in Detroit is a rather influential guitarist but not famous by any means. He once recorded an entire album with a couple of members of Devo after only evening of rehearsal! He came up with a concept for a one night show for a band he called "Militiagun" and pitched it to Lemmy, unfortunately it never happened.

Here's another project that never got too far which is highly disappointing! A silent movie with a metal band playing the background music.

https://youtu.be/AbdJLjm5utc

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Fast Eddie Clarke. Awesome.
                  the best line up of Motorhead

Comment

Working...
                  X