THAT day has come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT day has come

By that day I mean the day to admit I can no longer ride. A brain tumor, a fall headfirst into my van (hitting exactly on the surgery site) and two more brain surgeries have been too much. Not that I am complaining. When I woke up from the fall, my legs were totally paralyzed. At least I can now get around on a walker. So much for complaining. But I really hate to give up my XS11.

I am looking to do something with my 78 XS11. It has an original full faring, dual hard bags and a trunk. To be honest, it all needs to be repainted. It was doing great when I was injured. The only problem was power to the front headlight. Because of the time off, the carbs will need to be cleaned and synced. I think I can do that myself. I had installed a new front tire, but the rear tire is in my storage. I have lots of parts because I had planned on riding it a long time. I have: a correct color fuel tank in great shape, a new fuel tank cap, Yamaha fuel tank emblems, a used wiring harness, a used windshield, two of the rare left rear axle bearings, a trailer hitch, a great carb synch instrument and an assortment of other items.

Unfortunately, not everyone appreciates these wonderful machines today. I want it to go to someone who will take care of it and ride it with love. I am just not sure how to go about finding that person in today's world. I would hate to see it parted out because there is still a lot of great riding in it. Any suggestions?
    1978 XS1100E "Goliath"
    Full Pacifico faring
    Hard saddle bags
    Hard trunk
    Uni air filter
    In the process of restoration

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. George Washington

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. George Washington

Hate to hear of your problems. I don't look forward to that day as it will eventually happen to all of us. What are your intentions concerning your bike. Are you wanting to sell or give away? You didn't really say.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

My previous bike was an 83 Goldwing which was just plain too big and heavy to be the all around bike that I truly wanted which is how I ended up with my XS1100. Having tried to sell it cheap I had no real takers, lots of "I'll take it" comments but nobody putting cash in my hand.

Since I was in a temporary living situation and really wanting to get back into the wandering lifestyle I found a rehab program in the town I was staying and had them 'vet" out a worthy recipient of a free bike. Guy had a brutal background (most of it through no fault of his own) and was on the right track in life. He got a free bike and I got rid of a headache trying to sell it plus a receipt to use as a write off.
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Of course I would like some cash, but if there is anyone here that would give it a good home, I would give it and all extras away.
        1978 XS1100E "Goliath"
        Full Pacifico faring
        Hard saddle bags
        Hard trunk
        Uni air filter
        In the process of restoration

It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible. George Washington

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. George Washington

Comment

I love your bike Jimmy. Pacifico with the square headlight is cool. The VW is also awesome. 72, 73? I had a few back in the day. One had a gas heater. I think my wife will leave me if I bring home one more bike. I have 25 but I can quit at any time. She actually kicked my T500 out of the dining room after 5 years.

Comment

Working...
          X