Name:	image_3367.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	872071 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3369.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	872072 Nice seat, cavalcade. Solid pan. Make me an offer and pay shipping
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

its from a 1980 on special.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyxs11 View Post
      its from a 1980 on special.
      Came on a '79 I bought.
      "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

1980 LG
      1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

Came on a '79 I bought.
        That seat would go on a '79 maybe, but it's got the cut out rear for the tailight which makes it the later '80/'81 special seat plus it's much more angled on the bottom than the '79 where it borders the side covers.
        Also, the '81 is a bit more stepped than the '80 so looks like an '80 SG seat you have there.

Last edited by Schming; 02-05-2023, 07:02 PM.
        1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
        1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
        1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
        1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
        1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post

That seat would go on a '79 maybe, but it's got the cut out rear for the tailight which makes it the later '80/'81 special seat plus it's much more angled on the bottom than the '79 where it borders the side covers.
          Also, the '81 is a bit more stepped than the '80 so looks like an '80 SG seat you have there.

Thanks. 10 characters

1980 LG
          1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

Came on a '79 I bought.
            yep, the 1980 SG seat will fit a 1979 SF, did exactly that with my 79 SF. you have to use the SG grab rail as well.

Comment

Yup DuWayne, that's an 80 - 81 Special seat. That point sticking down in the bottom edge gives it away. An SF seat is pretty much straight along the bottom edge That point gets in the way of the side covers on a 79. Ask me how I know. Also, on a 79 there will be a big hole in the back where the tail light on an 80 goes. On a 79 the tail light is mounted on the fender, not the grab bar.
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
              X