darn chipmunks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darn chipmunks

took the air intake assembly completely off my bike last night. Headed for the carbs, and since it needs a good buffing too just took it off, figured the carbs would be easier to get to and work on if it was out of the way. anyway, i opened it up to remover the air filter, and the entire interior of the assembly is PACKED tight with acorns, those whirly seeds off maple trees, and small bits of misc. crap. as i was throwing away some chipmunks winter stash i heard a clink, and there, in the midst of it all were to sockets (a 5/8 and a 10 mm to be precise), figured they must have grabbed those too. (it was parked behing a bike shop for 2 years). looking at the air intake to the carbs, they look packed also, we'll see how far in the nut supply goes.

so, whats the weirdest thing you've ever found inside a bike on a re-build/restore project?

I found mouse nests in the air boxes and chewed up air cleaners in an XS650 I bought...a good running bike too, had just ridden it home!

Came back from vacation and fired up my XJ750 Seca and while the engine was warming up maggots started dropping out. Shut it down and pulled the tank. Dead rat on top of the engine, full of maggots. I figure he came from the Mandarin restaurant next door, must have been poisoned by the pest exterminator and crawled on top of my engine to die.

My XS650H came with black widow spiders, their webs and there nests in several places.
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Not bike related, but... My Little Sister's cat on wrapped in the fan shroud and belts of my f-100 back in High school. Nothing like a warm engine block to attract a Michigan barn cat. RRRR-RRR-Roew-EEEEEKKK-thump-thump.

Took something like $6 worth of quarters at the car wash to clean him out of there. To this day, she thinks he ran away.
      Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
      78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
      02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

Working...
      X