title fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title fun

ok i am having alot of fun here guys been trying to gety a title for my bike in my name since aug and now i have to go back to the owner before me and have to have to police inspection since they screwed up on the title and put the make and cc of the engine in where the vin number goes
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

I can relate

When I bought mine the owner hadn't registered it ahd the previous previous owner (ppo) had signed in the wrong spot but had a unsigned DMV form that stated "yeah I signed in the wrong damn spot". Called the DMV and they said well if he hadn't crossed out his name that would work...You need to have him get a new title issued. Talked to a friend and he said to get a power of attorney from the ppo and take care of it myself. Dropped the paper work off with the ppo and came back the next day, hit the DMV and they looked at the first paperwork and said "I can see the signiture, we can use this but let me see the POA" . PPO had put the wrong year down so DMV says nope, go get a new POA "but what about the other form you said would work that's right here???" nope so after 3 hours waiting sent home. Got new POA signed and went back. 45 minutes later get to person they look at the old title and the first form and say that they will work. Look at the POA and say no we'll do the other one because it's cheaper and quicker. I laugh and say that the day before the lady had refused to use it and she said that I would have had to have had it with and when I said I did she gave me this "I'm sorry the lady F'd you over yesterday" look.

DMV is like a power trip for some people there...

Comment

When I bought my pick up truck, I bought it from a garage. It had been abandoned on the side of the road because of a broken alternator belt. The garage impounded the truck and after 6 months of nothing, filed for a title and got it issued in the garage's name. When I bought it, the owner of the garage signed the title over to me and sent me on my way. When I got it running 6 months later, and went to get it registered, the garage owner who sold it to me and signed the bill of sale with the business name instead of his own. The lady DMV said that would not work because a business can't sell property and it had to have a persons signature on it. I called the shop, only to find out they had went out of business due to some back taxes. So I sat right there in the parking lot and signed the shop owners name, then went back inside and got the title processed.
      ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
      '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

I just got back from the licensing joint. "Where's my tap shoes, time for a song and dance!"
        Registered the "E" that I got last week, but was cussed out for not getting a bill of sale with it.("Why... he signed the title?")
        So then I pay 10 bucks to do an abandoned bike title search form for "Claire", which is ok, but..."Do you have a bill of sale for the different engine that you plan to put in there?"
        This bill o' sale stuff is getting old. I've got three untitled bikes at home and four engines without bills o'sale. (That's just the XS1100s!)
        Oh, but of course, they all must be taken to the state police so they can inspect the numbers, and will need to see titles and BOS for the different engines in the bikes. Oh, forgot to mention, the lady told me to call the state police now, as it take TWO MONTHS to get an appointment for inspection!
        Man... I'm gonna be a forgin' and signin' MoFo!
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

No, the SWMBO should be writing and signing. That way, you have two different pens and writing styles at the DMV. Not that I've done it
          Ray
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

well it should be easy to get mine fixed if i can get ahold of the guy all i got to do it have the bike state inspected in indiana by 2 officers to get it corrected but the old owner has to do it then he will get a new title and then i will be able to get the right title in my name but the old owner has to have it inspected

Comment

just on update got it all worked out yesterday had to jump threw some hoops to get it done but it is all done know and the bike will be in my name in a few weeks what had to happen was i had to have 2 different police checks and then the previous owner had to fill for a duplicut title with all the corrected info on it and it got mailed to him and then he signs it off and mails it to me

Comment

Writing other people's names

I'll preface this by saying, I do not (and neither should you) make a habit of signing other people's names on any type of document. With that said, I'll share with you what I learned from a Police Detective hand-writing expert. If you're going to write somebody elses name for them (and you have something with their name on it in their handwriting to use as a reference), take both documents and turn them upside down (not face down). Then draw (not wirite, you see) their name upside down on the document you need their signature on. A hand-writing expert might notice that it's a forgery, but they can't tell you wrote it...that's because you didn't "write" it, you drew it. A drawing will not have the unique features of your writing.

Robert
                XJ1100 - Stock
                XV750 - POS parts bike

Comment

well i didnt forge anything the pervious owner meet me at the lincence branch and he applied for a new title with the correct info on it i didnt sign anything yet i am waiting on the new title to be mailed to hime then he is mailing it to me

Comment

Working...
                  X