Auxiliary lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxiliary lights

I was putting an old set on the bike but they are old and dim, like me.
    Looking at someAmazon, I think mine are 30 watts. Who's running a brighter set?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

These bikes had just enough charging system to satisfy the stock lights. Do you have original type incandescent lights throughout? If so you can't add much more power draw. One of the electrical gurus will be able to answer your question better.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Originally posted by red bandit View Post
      These bikes had just enough charging system to satisfy the stock lights.
      My bike has the Venturer tour gear on it which has four 1156 bulbs in lights across the back of the trunk plus I'm pulling a trailer that has additional lights on it which adds the draw of three more 1157 bulbs plus my cigarette lighter style plug to run as phone charger. Having enough power to run them has never been an issue.

If you went 50w you'd probably be safe. Besides, if you get ,LED's you probably won't need that much juice anyhow.

1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Replace as many bulbs as possible with LEDs! Yeah, it's money, but it's also the ONLY way you can put extra load on the electrical system. I've got an LED bulb for my headlamp, as well as all the dash lights and tail lights. I now have the extra "overhead" to put in driving lights, if I want them.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X