Speed Bleeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Bleeders

Just bled the front brakes on a 1980 xs1100 Special and had to comment on these $19 speed bleeders nipples because that was my easiest bleed on any vehicle I've done in 30yrs. Geesh I wish I had encountered these things decades ago.
    So there, my first recommendation on anything, very impressed, virtually no mess, totally worth it, found them at an Autozone though they weren't available everywhere. Pretty sure I'll be installing them on the other bikes because that was so easy and didn't waste my time, I just love when a simple thing actually does it's job.

I have used them on my ZRX 1100 and my SG. Just make sure you get the correct size.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
      I have used them on my ZRX 1100 and my SG. Just make sure you get the correct size.
      Could you let us know what size that is? My rear bleeder is awfully chewed up and I'd like to replace it.
      1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I will look today as I have a package in my Moms garage. The reason I say to make sure you get the rights ones are my ZRX and XS1100 are totally different and I can tell by looking at the thread sealant.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

This may help guide you on the right selection Yamaha 1J3-W0048-00-00 - BLEED SCREW | Partzilla.com Bleed screws are the same for the front and back calipers on the specials.
          Last edited by cajun31; 07-31-2022, 03:23 PM.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by cajun31 View Post
            This may help guide you on the right selection Yamaha 1J3-W0048-00-00 - BLEED SCREW | Partzilla.com Bleed screws are the same for the front and back calipers on the specials.
            Thanks for the lead. I'm "on the road" until sometime this fall and it would be nice to be able to pick these up somewhere as opposed to ordering them, don't have anywhere to have them sent to! Over the years I have used General Delivery at a local P.O. but that gets cumbersome. Most online sellers won't send an order to an address other than where your card is billed to.

I've always been under the impression that bleeder screws where somewhat proprietary mostly due to the angle of the bevel at the end, it would be nice to sort that out for future reference.
            1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

The size is 8mmX1.25, nothing proprietary about the ones used on our 11's, it's a common size.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
              X