ukeetiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ukeetiki

Whoohoo just picked up a xs 11 special here on Vancouver island any other like minds around? Or old minds? New to this…

Welcome!! There was a member who has been on this board a LONG time from the Island. Some of us are sorta close, be most of us know the bikes! Look at the different threads, and pay close attention to the common problems, IE fuel, tires, clutch slip, and carbs. These bikes are great, and the only way I'll race any other bike on mine is high gear, down to 25mph, then go! No other bike on the road can do that!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Ray, I’m looking forward to getting and sharing info here… had a xs850 triple back in the early 90s loved the bike… got it cheap… had the 2nd gear gremlin… didn’t know what it was… beyond my capabilities and resorces at the time… would love to have that bike back again. So now found this xs 11s in my area , paid too much money for it , because I wanted it… ran it home barely… step 1 rebuild clutch… oil/filter change… new set plugs…loving it

Comment

Check the tips for the cam chain ACT swap! One of the best things you can do with these bikes if it hasn't been done.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
        X