Reliable parts distributor/seller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable parts distributor/seller?

No need to say what we all know-but will anyway.
    Some are good and some are....well, bike bandit.
    I'd like to find a reputable parts supplier. Mail order.
    Appreciate any help...and thoughts.
    -Jonny

Generally speaking over the last 20+ years I order most of my used parts off eBay and also if aftermarket quality is "Good enough" If I'm looking for OEM a website such as Partzilla works well, others are available and it's a matter of who is charging the least for shipping since they all tend to be in the same ballpark price wise. I've had good success with Z1 Enterprises and Mike's XS as well. Chapmoto.com tends to have good prices on tires, especially in the off season.
    Last edited by LAB3; 06-21-2022, 12:56 PM.
    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Jonny, what do you want to buy? Some places are better for certain things than others. Z1, MikesXS, Dime City and Randakks are all under one roof as parts of Revival Parts.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Parts n' more is good, they have fast shipping Fed X from Canada.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Thanks guys. I was looking for a few things. One was Yamalube and oil filters. A good bike cover for an XS with a plexi shield/fairing and also tires. Also, I used to have good bike mechanics-retired now, of course, and I've left the cesspool and am in AZ now and am thinking I'm going to have to do a lot of what I payed a guy to do 'cause the cubs today no nothing about the old machines.
          What I really need now is a seat. It's 40 yrs old and there are a few spots that are starting to come apart on the seams. Duct tape would do a great job, I'm sure, but it's pristine and and I'm anal about "original'. ( old people...sheesh! )
          Thank you!

Comment

I buy Yamalube and tires from Rocky Mountain ATV. They’ve been consistently good for me.
            I use Wix filters. I get them from local auto parts places that deal in Wix. NAPA and Carquest brands are Wix.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              I buy Yamalube and tires from Rocky Mountain ATV. They’ve been consistently good for me.
              I use Wix filters. I get them from local auto parts places that deal in Wix. NAPA and Carquest brands are Wix.
              Thanks, Mr. Marty! So those red filters are ok. I'll take a look at RM ATV.

Comment

There is a company in TX that does a great job on new seat covers. Can't remember the name, but I think they are in Hurst, TX.
                Ray Matteis
                KE6NHG
                XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
                  There is a company in TX that does a great job on new seat covers. Can't remember the name, but I think they are in Hurst, TX.
                  Don't know if I can find it but I'll try! TY, Sir!

AHA!

https://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com...ge=2&view=list

SAH WEET! Thanks Ray!! I'll call 'em tomorrow.
                  Last edited by JonnyO; 06-28-2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

There's a seller on ebay that makes covers dirt cheap, like $50! Bought one from him a few years ago for a different bike, it did the job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324188337940
                    1980 XS1100G

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Just giving a double thumbs up to Partshark, they got my backordered parts to me pronto, even earlier than promised and with excellent communication.
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                      X