rear gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear gears

does anybody know if the lower cc xs bikes used a different rear end gear or if there is any place to find gears for the 1100 to make it a faster out of the hole bike for 1/4 mile drag racing
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

played out

this question has been ask many times before. As far as we all know what we have is what we have. Virago has been brought up and v max etc. etc. without winning the lottery and having something custom machined / built well you know the rest. Like i said before wheelie bars ! Then you can leave at like 8,000 rpm's.The only other thing i can come up with is a completely fresh motor,like as in brand new 0 miles when the bike ran high 11's as in the magizine article claims in 1978. Also as claimed in another thread i'm sure our bikes could handle a lil 25 hp shot of nitrus,that should knock you into the low to mid 12's.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

i think i can get to high to mid 12 with out the bottle the day that it ran the 13.28 it was 80 degrees out and stick out so the bike wasnt making all the power it could if it was cooler out and not so sticky out. but the reason i ask is there is a whole rearend out of a 750 on ebay right now and i was woundering if maybe they had higher gear since they dont make as much power as the 1100 does

Comment

It would seem to me your best solution would be pggg's chain drive conversion.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...0&pagenumber=2
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

do you know if anybody sells a kit to make the xs chain drive

Comment

I highly doubt it.
            80 XS1100SG
            81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

well then we need to find out what other bikes gears will work

Comment

Hey Bandet01,

One thing that can help you immediately, is to get a 16" rear wheel. Your "F" Standard is running a 17", but you can easily swap a 16 from an SPECIAL onto there for a little lower gearing right from the get go!

An Xsive here that actually does drag race his 11 has it TURBO'd, and he breaks/twists driveshafts about 1 a season!

TO get more oomph, you may want to look into a BIG BORE KIT to up the cc's either to 1179 or 1196 from the stock 1101, since it sounds like you're wanting to keep it normally aspirated instead of Nitrous or Turbo.
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

ok i might have to look into the 16 inch rim and see how much that helps and i am thinking about going big bore with the 1196 kit and cams and exhaust and coils and then i might put the bottle to it with maybe a 20 shot

you know how much a 16 inch rim will help over a 17 inch rims

Comment

Working...
                  X