First ride of this year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ride of this year!

Just got back from a 30 minute ride, the first real ride of the year. I had the bike out yesterday for about 4 miles, but did about 20 miles today. It's about 67F, and was a good ride. Bike did well, I missed a shift....one of us is a little rusty. I'm still getting used to NOT being able to ride all year, like I could in CA. Next week the nights should start to stay above 40F, and I may be taking the bike to work once again. As I close, I don't get off until 23:00, so I need to watch the temps.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
    I'm still getting used to NOT being able to ride all year, like I could in CA.
    Nice to get out on the road after several months of winter.... I remember those days well. I spent my youth and more than half my life in N.E. Pennsylvania, not a great place for one to enjoy riding year round. We use to joke that we had two seasons" Winter and the 4th of July".

Now in Georgia for over 23 years, I can ride a bike basically 50 weeks a year without any issue, a little chilly at times but no ICE or SNOW to deal with. A couple layers (including long johns) in January & February and I can ride the 50 weeks+. There are TYPICALLY only two weeks (sometimes less) where I say HECK NO it's too cold for a bike ride.

Glad you got out to stretch the legs!

Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Glad you got the ol xs going again Ray,,,,wishing you many safe and great rides in your newer riding state,,,,,Mike in San Diego

Comment

Hey Ray! Where are the pictures?
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

OK, Marty, here is from today. I'll be riding the bike to "work" later today. I do work part time at Lowe's about 12 miles from home. This is about 1.5 miles North of my house, and Firebird Raceway is about 7 miles away. Yeah, a nice place to retire.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
            OK, Marty, here is from today. I'll be riding the bike to "work" later today. I do work part time at Lowe's about 12 miles from home. This is about 1.5 miles North of my house, and Firebird Raceway is about 7 miles away. Yeah, a nice place to retire.
            I've never been to Idaho, see you won't hurt my feelings if you take pictures on your rides and post them. That's a nice looking bike too!
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Working...
            X