Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam

I think it prometheus578 who wrote about Seafoam and missing due to carberation. I tried it and it took out 2500 to 3000 stumble and just made the bike run much better in only 30 miles of riding. It was kind of hard to find here the only place I found it was Penn Jersey. Great carb cleaner
    Thanks
    Dave

Can't claim credit

There were MANY others on this site who tooted it's praise way before me. I was a skeptic till I saw the errors of my ways. I'm just the latest convert.
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

where do you grt this stuff at it sounds like a product worth trying
      79 yamaha xs1100f standard
      best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

Around here, all the autoparts stores have it. In the aisle with the gas treatments and carb cleaners, etc.

Comment

?

napa ,bumper to bumper , auto zone ,advance auto, most chain type auto stores have it.Yes it does work. IMHO
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Also check out your local BOAT supply store, that's where it got its start in being able to clean out gummed up boat engines that sat over the winter!!!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Best get some of this stuff too - just in case

Comment

Man, I'd LOVE to have a can o' that stuff, then I saw that you were a Kiwi... so I guess I won't be findin' it locally.

Comment

Seafoam does work great. Another cleaner I found that works wonder is a Mercury Marine product called "Power Tune. Comes in a spray can. You run it thru a running engine and then spary enough in till the engine stalls out. Let it sit for about 30 minutes, fire it up and run it till the tons of smoke clears. Usually have to change plugs after using it. It breaks up carbon real well. Kinda difficult to get it in all 4 cylinders at the same time. I usually run till it stalls and pull the plugs and shoot some direct in the cylinders. I have used it on many boat/car motors with great results. Kinda expensive at $9 per can, but works great.
                  When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

The other product of the same nature is "Berryman's B12 Chemtool". My dad and my grandfather both used it, and I still do. It works great on varnish and gum, and will also take carbon out of a warm engine. Comes in a red, whit, and blue can, spray or pints and gallons.
                    Ray
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I have used Berrymans quite a bit at work, and it works good. I usually have some at home also. I picked up a can of Seafoam earlier today, but I haven't had a chance to put any in the bike yet. I'm just doing it as a preventive measure. I just want to make sure the carbs really are good and clean after sitting 4 months dry.

Comment

Working...
                      X