Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall of Fame

Before this great site rides off into the sunset….

Before all of the great XS Elevens make their last trek to the ….

Nahh… too dramatic.

Restart,

Hopefully this great site is just in the winter doldrums.

With renewed hope that the site would survive and flourish with a non- facebook mentality (which I agree with by the way), XS11.club was formed. Thank you to Nezzer and all others that made that happen.

To liven it up, may I propose a “Hall of Fame”

Of course, we would need a “techie” to create such a feasible feat, maybe even Nezzer himself to create a new forum category, where no man has ever gone before?
    But that would be asking too much from the man that saved this site..

The old xs11.com site had some of the greatest posters and contributors of all time, before the downturn.
    So many of them are retired and should be in the “XS11 Hall of Fame”. But there are still some here today on the new site that should be candidates as well.

From both the old and new site, BikerPhil comes to my mind. He is nonstop dedicated to sharing his vast knowledge.

Who would you nominate for the XS11 Hall of Fame? Past or present!

Bob's Bikes:
    79SF, Military theme.

Bob's websites:
    https://projectxs11.wordpress.com
    https://rucksackgrunt.com

Bob's Books:
    "
    Project XS11"
    "Rucksack Grunt"
    "Small Unit Leadership"
    "Beatrice B. Goode"

Bob's Parts:
    For Sale Here.

A few of my favorite posters/contributors were, just to name a few....

DGXSER
    Crazy Steve
    3Phase
    TopCat
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Prometheus....prometheus578
      Last edited by Rasputin; 01-28-2022, 01:05 AM.
      2-79 XS1100 SF
      2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
      80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
      Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I could add a few to the list,,,,,Motoman- carb genius above all, Jerry- for being on the site longer than about anybody and his talents for the webpages for numerous rallies, Bonz- for all his dedication to keep the rallies going in Colorado for a long time and is also the largest owner of an xs1100, DiverRay- for numerous how to's and help anybody in need, LoHo- for having numerous california rallies, TKat- for the years of making the best fork braces ever for the xs1100, and for all the riders who are now riding their beloved xs1100's in the heavens above,,,,,,ride on,,,,Mike in Sun DIego

Comment

I agree with all of the above mentioned members and would also add Greg... BA80. I see him over on facebook quite often. Hopefully he has not abandoned this site. I agree the site has slowed down. I look over at .com quite often and it is amazing how many folks are still browsing that site. I went in the members lounge the other day and posted a message to let them know that this is the new site and that .com has been abandoned. It might be helpful for Nezzer to go back over and post a very prominent message on the main forum page to remind folks that the help is now over here. Oh... one other name is Mack. Haven't seen him on here since the beginning of this site. Hopefully he is OK.
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
            Prometheus....prometheus578
            If I remember correctly didn't he get .. to put it mildly.. pissed off and the administrators of the old site and resign? He was/is very knowledgeable.
            2 - 80 LGs bought one new
            81 LH
            02 FXSTB Nighttrain
            22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
            Jim

Comment

XS650.com is still running wide open. That tells me most of us aren't dead and there's still an interest in vintage bikes.

As far as Hall of Fame, some of the greatest are gone, most recently Mad Biker or Madbiker (?) RIP. I rode with him many times. He was a real person to me, as are others.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Working...
              X