Helmet/bike camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet/bike camera

I'm looking for some input on purchasing a camera system primarily for riding. Although it will sometimes be mounted on the bike, it will be on my helmet most of the time. I'm not saying cost is not a consideration but I would like to base my decision on features that would best serve my interests.

I am not a big photo kind of rider, however I have used a GoPro Hero4 a time or two. There is a you tuber @shadetreesurgen who did a video on his camera and mic setup a month or so ago. You might check him out.
    1979 XS1100SF
    2005 VTX1800S3 ( Dailey ride)

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll check it out. New territory for me.

Comment

I would stick with a GoPro as well. You have to consider editing software capabilities if you don't have a stand alone program.
        1979 XS1100 Special
        1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
        1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
        1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Check out this mount.
          https://www.dango-design.com/shop/gripper-mount/
          Looks solid and offers good flexibility for mounting on things other than a helmet.
          Did you pick up a camera yet?
          1979 XS1100 Special
          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

Yes, GoPro Hero 10. It's still in the box, I've been busy with snow removal and getting my new snow blade mouted on the tractor. I'll post some comments after I can try it out. We need to THAW out before that happens! Thanks for the info on the mount.

Comment

Working...
            X