Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member here from Denver, CO

Greetings Everyone!!!

I’m actually two years into my 1980 XS1100 project - I tried joining the XS11.com site back when I picked this bike up off craigslist in June of 2019 without any luck. I jumped on again today randomly and saw the new XS11.club and was stoked to be able to successfully register.

This bike obviously had some modifications done to it by the previous owner, and had been sitting in a garage with apparently an entire colony of feral cats for years. I’m coming into this project with ZERO experience; I bought this bike as a way to learn more about engines, wiring, etc firsthand. I’ve managed to strip it to the frame - fighting with every old, rusty bolt along the way - and have been extensively cleaning or replacing parts as needed.

The prior owner told me that this bike does have the dreaded 2nd gear issue, also. My intent is to get it back together and make sure I can get it running (I was able to get the engine to start - but not idle - after cleaning the carbs/replacing spark plugs/changing the battery prior to tearing it down) before I tackle that component...

At any rate, really excited to interact with everyone here on the site; I’m going to have a lot of questions! Thanks!

WELCOME .....................
    We are glad you found .club

Our annual Colorado XS11 Rally this year is in Kremmling on July 15-19 so you have plenty of time to get your project bike back together.

Keep us posted about progress with the bike. And of course if you have questions, ask first before breaking something.

Jeff
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Working...
    X