riding update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riding update

Just wanted everyone to know-those who care to hear what has happened to me. In March my ZRX 1100 fell on me while working on it in my Moms garage-no damage but I thought I did something to my right arm and leg. A few days later and still a bit sore, I fell at my job and landed hard on my left shoulder. 2 Months later, I was supposed to have surgery to repair a very badly damaged left rotator cuff. Insurance company denied my injury at work and I ended up going back to my work under light duty conditions. I didn't have enough money to fight an insurance company at the time. Right now I'm trying to heal, my arm I can move it more than I could. Going to be leaving my job right after my vacation, as I cant really fully heal working and my job wont give me time off without a Drs. approval even though I swear to them I fell on the job. The only really good thing is I can ride my XS 1100 as the bars are in a good position and not really an issue with my shoulders.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Sounds like a long frustrating road, sorry to hear.

I would say the outcome of being able to ride is IS the good thing...the silver lining...run with it. I hope you can make your life work without work, and this is the catalyst for the transformation of your life into a new focus...one of enjoyment (retirement?) and doing what you can do, while you can.

Brian
    '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
    '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
    '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
      Just wanted everyone to know-those who care to hear what has happened to me. In March my ZRX 1100 fell on me while working on it in my Moms garage-no damage but I thought I did something to my right arm and leg. A few days later and still a bit sore, I fell at my job and landed hard on my left shoulder. 2 Months later, I was supposed to have surgery to repair a very badly damaged left rotator cuff. Insurance company denied my injury at work and I ended up going back to my work under light duty conditions. I didn't have enough money to fight an insurance company at the time. Right now I'm trying to heal, my arm I can move it more than I could. Going to be leaving my job right after my vacation, as I cant really fully heal working and my job wont give me time off without a Drs. approval even though I swear to them I fell on the job. The only really good thing is I can ride my XS 1100 as the bars are in a good position and not really an issue with my shoulders.
      If you are riding a motorcycle and they see you on it .... it becomes hard for them to believe that you are hurt. I am not saying that you are wrong mind you .... just in todays environment it seems that perception is everything.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

Cajun-I rode the bike after the insurance company denied my claim not before. I'm sure old enough to know better. I couldn't even raise my arm halfway and knew I was in no condition to attempt to ride.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Get your shoulder fixed sooner than later. If you've got a dangler from a full tear it will shrink from not being used and the repair won't work as well.
          1979 XS1100 Special
          1980 XS1100 Std parts bucket
          1987 ZL1000 Eliminator
          1976 XS750D Project in waiting

Comment

I cant and will soon be without a job.
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust